Gas station charged my gift card more than what I pumped.

NT I recieved this gift card the other day and i went to pump some gas today. I only pumped half of the amount of the gift card. When I came home tonight and checked my balance, the gas station charged me the entire funds of the card.

WTH happened? im pissed right now i hate losing money what can i do NT?
mad.gif

someone has to die

NT I recieved this gift card the other day and i went to pump some gas today. I only pumped half of the amount of the gift card. When I came home tonight and checked my balance, the gas station charged me the entire funds of the card.

WTH happened? im pissed right now i hate losing money what can i do NT?
mad.gif

someone has to die

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Gas prices were going up as you were filling up the tank. Next time pay attention. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Gas prices were going up as you were filling up the tank. Next time pay attention. [/color]

if you paid at the pump it is possibly a temporary authorization. meaning they hold a larger amount than your purchase because they dont know how much you are going to pump. once the money clears, the authorization is released and the remaining balance on the card is a available. or you got jerked

if you paid at the pump it is possibly a temporary authorization. meaning they hold a larger amount than your purchase because they dont know how much you are going to pump. once the money clears, the authorization is released and the remaining balance on the card is a available. or you got jerked

Some gift cards do that at gas stations. I had a visa one that automatically charged $20 when you used it at a gas station.

Some gift cards do that at gas stations. I had a visa one that automatically charged $20 when you used it at a gas station.

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

QFT. No need to panic OP.
I think its $75 at one specific retailer and $100 at another. That's why some people couldn't completely fill their tank once gas prices went up so fast.

QFT. No need to panic OP.
I think its $75 at one specific retailer and $100 at another. That's why some people couldn't completely fill their tank once gas prices went up so fast.

i did some research and you my friend are correct. they pre authorize since they dont know how much your going to be using. once the transaction clears it should come back

i did some research and you my friend are correct. they pre authorize since they dont know how much your going to be using. once the transaction clears it should come back

that's weird, is that only for gift cards?

my gas station charges me a dollar as a place holder until they figure out how much i really bought.

that's weird, is that only for gift cards?

my gas station charges me a dollar as a place holder until they figure out how much i really bought.

Pumping gas on Wednesday 1 dollar temp charge and on Friday (payday) the whole charge goes though but you have sufficient funds to cover it. I know I ain't the only one.

Pumping gas on Wednesday 1 dollar temp charge and on Friday (payday) the whole charge goes though but you have sufficient funds to cover it. I know I ain't the only one.

Back
Top Bottom