Headphone question?

i have an issue when listing to music on the ipod where it seems that sound doesnt go into both ears unless i play around with the end piece of the cord.. is this because there cheap headphones or what?  i use these when i workout too.

i have an issue when listing to music on the ipod where it seems that sound doesnt go into both ears unless i play around with the end piece of the cord.. is this because there cheap headphones or what?  i use these when i workout too.

Either your headphones aren't plugged in all the way through to your device, or your headphone's cable is $%##ed up. I'm guessing it's the latter (from experience). Time to change headphones, sir.
ohwell.gif

Either your headphones aren't plugged in all the way through to your device, or your headphone's cable is $%##ed up. I'm guessing it's the latter (from experience). Time to change headphones, sir.
ohwell.gif

they are plugged in all the way.. is this a common issue? i dont want to buy an arm band. they were like $8 for the phillip ones

they are plugged in all the way.. is this a common issue? i dont want to buy an arm band. they were like $8 for the phillip ones

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

ohwell.gif

Just bought some new headphones because the exact thing was happening. Not entirely sure what causes it but its because the jack is messed up.

The wires get yanked out and you lose connection, and then lose sound out of either/both earphones.

If you're working out with them in you might want to invest in better quality earphones/IEM's (don't buy headphones for the gym
laugh.gif
). After that, protect your investment: cop an armbad, or figure out some way to baby that cord. If that goes, they're done.

The wires get yanked out and you lose connection, and then lose sound out of either/both earphones.

If you're working out with them in you might want to invest in better quality earphones/IEM's (don't buy headphones for the gym
laugh.gif
). After that, protect your investment: cop an armbad, or figure out some way to baby that cord. If that goes, they're done.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

ohwell.gif

Just bought some new headphones because the exact thing was happening. Not entirely sure what causes it but its because the jack is messed up.

It's a fairly common issue if it's the latter. If you've accidentally tugged the cord, or have it always bent at an angle, the internals of the cord might be damaged (frayed wires). Personally, I use some electrical tape at the jack end to keep it from bending at an angle.

It's a fairly common issue if it's the latter. If you've accidentally tugged the cord, or have it always bent at an angle, the internals of the cord might be damaged (frayed wires). Personally, I use some electrical tape at the jack end to keep it from bending at an angle.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

laugh.gif
This. It doesn't matter if you have cheap headphones, or really expensive IEMs. Once that cable goes, it's gone. So make sure you don't stress out your cables when you use them.

Oh, try some IEMs + foam ear tips for the gym. They don't fall out and it helps you tune out. I use a Sennheiser MM-50iP IEM (I can take phone calls while running
laugh.gif
), along with a Belkin OneFit armband for my iPhone 4 (that has a case on). If you're planning to cop, just make sure they're symmetrical.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

laugh.gif
This. It doesn't matter if you have cheap headphones, or really expensive IEMs. Once that cable goes, it's gone. So make sure you don't stress out your cables when you use them.

Oh, try some IEMs + foam ear tips for the gym. They don't fall out and it helps you tune out. I use a Sennheiser MM-50iP IEM (I can take phone calls while running
laugh.gif
), along with a Belkin OneFit armband for my iPhone 4 (that has a case on). If you're planning to cop, just make sure they're symmetrical.

Back
Top Bottom