How do you wash your car? How often?

Man I just washed my car myself for the first time in a minute. Very exhausting. I tapped out before getting to the tires.

I used to like taking it to a self-service car wash but there aren't any in my area

Sometimes I take it to the automatic wash, but they only do an ok job

When I'm feeling bossy, I take it to a detail shop where they wash it for me. Whip be looking pristine, but this way can get costly when utilized often.
I may have to say **** it and do it this way because why not?

Wbu guys?

I’ll do both self and drive thru depending on how badly my car needs It. But usually 1-2 times a week.

I used to go to the hand wash only car wash.. It seem like covid bought that business type to damn near extinction..

Now I got a monthly subscription to use a machine wash car wash..

My reaction after seeing scratches..

mjcry1.png

zmaqbool zmaqbool is the pro

I used to have a subscription for a touchless wash but I rarely go nowadays. I just clean inside and out every so often and get a full detail before summer and after fall/winter

Detail with 3 month ceramic. Also use a detailer spray in between. Id say every 1.5 months for a detail from my guys.

I do it once a week. And before anyone says anything, my car sits outside (the 2 car garage has the WAY BETTER cars in there) so I want it clean for my weekly Saturday Cars & Coffee.

I either do it in my driveway with my PF22.2 foam cannon & Honeydew snow foam (if I feel like getting everything out), or I will go to a local booth car wash. I bring my bucket, some soap, and I can do it and only spend $3 in quarters to wash it by hand with my microfiber mitt. The car wash I use doesn't have a minimum to start the spray gun. So .25¢ will get you about 24 seconds. I've gotten it down to a science.

Then I blade the excess water off, and use a large drying towel for the rest. I finish with some detail spray or spray wax if I haven't waxed the car lately. 👍 For 18 year old paint, I think it still looks fantastic.

IMG_20240123_054236.jpg

Last edited:
I do it once a week. And before anyone says anything, my car sits outside (the 2 car garage had more valuable cars in there) so I want it clean for my weekly Saturday Cars & Coffee.

I either do it in my driveway with my PF22.2 foam cannon & Honeydew snow foam (if I feel like getting everything out), or I will go to a local booth car wash. I bring my bucket, some soap, and I can do it and only spend $3 in quarters to wash it by hand with my microfiber mitt. The car wash I use doesn't have a minimum to start the spray gun. So .25¢ will get you about 24 seconds. I've gotten it down to a science.

Then I blade the excess water off, and use a large drying towel for the rest. I finish with some detail spray or spray wax if I haven't waxed the car lately. 👍 For 18 year old paint, I think it still looks fantastic.

IMG_20240123_054236.jpg

Ain’t no shame in Washing your car weekly! More people should subscribe to having a clean car

:pimp: :pimp:

Same with the guys above. As 05fordgt 05fordgt mentioned, foam cannon for me with the complete wash set from Chemical Guys (off amazon). I can get both my cars done in less than 30 mins. Just having clean things around you in general does wonders for the mind and body.

Car wash near me, once every couple of months. A bit more frequently during salty road months. I used to do it more when there were self-service spots around but, as others have said, seems like those have all but disappeared around me.

I take it to get it hand washed. Pricey but I know it’s getting cleaned thoroughly. Need to stop being lazy and do it myself.

If you care about your cars paint, never put it through a drive through car wash.

Those machines will scratch and swirl your paint something bad.

100% hand wash every time whether you pay someone or do it yourself.
My cars black and I ****ed up the paint going through a car wash. It’s super swirly now
I started going to a touchless one after that

Man I just washed my car myself for the first time in a minute. Very exhausting. I tapped out before getting to the tires.

I used to like taking it to a self-service car wash but there aren't any in my area

Sometimes I take it to the automatic wash, but they only do an ok job

When I'm feeling bossy, I take it to a detail shop where they wash it for me. Whip be looking pristine, but this way can get costly when utilized often.
I may have to say **** it and do it this way because why not?

Wbu guys?
Small tip, start with the wheels first.

For me I don’t wash it as frequently as I would like but I do it myself in my driveway. I do mine and my wife’s. Have the whole pressure washer, foam cannon, 3 buckets and all that. I can do everything except polish and apply a ceramic coat.

Im a big fan of tire dressing but lately i just cant do it. All my cars are white and the splatter is no bueno

If you care about your cars paint, never put it through a drive through car wash.

Those machines will scratch and swirl your paint something bad.

100% hand wash every time whether you pay someone or do it yourself.

That’s law! My mom has been preaching this since the late 90s/2000s. She use to go through the drive up.

It’s been hand wash only since at least 2001

Im a big fan of tire dressing but lately i just cant do it. All my cars are white and the splatter is no bueno
Im usually team tire shine but I put bronze wheels on my car and I think it just doesn't look right with shinny tires.

Been driving a silver beater for a while that I wash on average 2-3x a year :lol: Barely looks dirty even though it is

Picked up a dark blue car recently that looks dirty as soon as I drive it. I'm thinking it'll get washed every other week at least

I did go down a car detailing rabbit hole the other day. Going to do a full paint correction and ceramic coating eventually

Y'all are gonna laugh, but whenever it's a thunderstorm like last night I'll throw a little soap in a bottle, and drizzle it all over the car right before it starts pouring. As long as it's moderately heavy 1/10th of an inch per hour, it'll do great but if it's only sprinkling it does have the potential to look worse than it did before.

But besides that, I do go to the self service stations once a season, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. Whenever one of my T-Shirts start getting old/ratty I cut it up into 6 pieces, which I use for waxing purposes. After I've used a toothbrush for 6 months it gets used to scrub rims.

I got a tub of Turtlewax that looks great on my new-ish car, but smears like crap on my 25 y/o beater car. So I started using leftover tubes of chapstick/lip gloss my girl likes to throw away (so wasteful) and it actually looks impressive

Back
Top Bottom