How many Knicks fans thought Nate Robinson would ever play in the NBA Finals?

hey he was the best player on the knicks
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

he did drop 45 points once...even if it's a crappy knicks team, that is still good.

D'Antoni sucks and I'll say it again...he's gonna get fired by the time the knicks are competitive.

but to answer the question, not this soon and not on a different team either
smh.gif

ill say this much, the way hes played in the finals and in a couple of games agisnt the magics, have ensured he will get a decent contract

if it wasnt for that he would of got about a mil a year

abeautifulhaze wrote:
Wish Nate could could have stayed in the city somehow.

I hate the way the Knicks have treated their players over the last decade.

That's what Im saying. I for one am NOT a knicks fan but I hated to see Nate leave.

The worst part was both players were both liked heavily by teammates and the their cities..

Never was a D'Antoni/Knicks organization issue, people just wanted to connect the dots with the Marbury saga. Doc wouldn't play him this year, either. He still has a short leash on him as is.

When Nate brings energy and hits shots, he's a plus. When he doesn't, he's an incompetent PG who doesn't defend.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

dumb for who? It's been a bonus at the most important time for the Celtics and the Knicks got what looks like a good young player (Walker) out of an expiring deal and player they had no intention of bringing back.

win, win.

Glad to see Nate play well. This is the role he's best suited for.
agreed 100%. I love Nate and hes my favorite player in the NBA but him and D'Antoni clashed and we had no intent of resigning him this summer, and out of the trade we got a great young prospect in Bill Walker and the Celtics got a guy who is doing exactly what they wanted him to do-- back up Rondo and energize their bench and help out in winning a championship.

He was a fan-favorite. 3 time Slam Dunk champion, and the kidsloved him...in a city like NY, you dont trade him for some bench bum.

I love Nate, ill !%!%*+* admit it, im the biggest Nate Robinson Rider you will ever meet (no %#%@
laugh.gif
). But there is nothing in that passage you mentioned that had to do with bball. We are past marketing, sure Nate is great for all that but the Knicks are focused on winning basketball games. This trade benefited the Knicks, Celtics, Nate Robinson, and Bill walker. It was far from a dumb trade.

I mean Nate was on the way out anyay. He was a great player and great for the fans, marketing, etc. but he and D'Antoni clashed and we were not looking to bring him back, and in return we took back no bad contracts and got a guy who proved himself as a future asset and who we are looking to keep in Bill Walker. But better for us/our rebuilding plan, dude is good and has potential while making less than a mil for the next two seasons our believe, yet providing good value at a cheap price which is what we are looking for. I think it is easy to see how Boston benefited watching the playoffs. Also Nate benefited because although his minutes and value to the team was cut in Boston, he is proving himself on the games's biggest stage right before he is negotiating a new contract which is always good and a winning atmosphere os always helpful for a young player like Nate. And this trade helps Walker because he is finally getting a chance to get out of the gutter and display some of the potential that he showed when he was a top 5 recruit coming out of HS and getting a chance to perform in larger NBA minutes.

As sad of a day as it was for me to see Nate walk this trade was not detremental to any party. AT is just a hater cause Nate is about to help the team that beat him win a ring and also because Nate > Mo Williams
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but to answer OP's question, yes i always thought Nate could play this role on a championship team. I have consistently defended Nate throughout his career when people called him immature and a loser by saying every championship team can use a player like him who brings instant energy off the bench to relieve the sytarters and play crucial minutes, and also because he is such a skilled offensive talent and so quick/athletic. Kind of how i always knew that Crawford was best suited for the role he is in now, a 6th man on a winning team. Because i always notced that when he gets on he is one of the top scoring guards in the league but he is just too inconsistent to be an everyday starter on a winning team but his offensive capabilities make him a perfect 6th man and his mentality, clutchness, and leadership are all qualities that winning teams look for.

D'antoni sat a perfectly healthy player on the bench for weeks. His first game back he went on a scoring spree that put him in the franchise record books.

Doc Rivers had faith in him, predicting that Nate would win a Finals game for them and he did, twice.

Theres no deflecting D'antoni's misguided stubbornness in the way he handled Nate.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by Al3xis

dumb for who? It's been a bonus at the most important time for the Celtics and the Knicks got what looks like a good young player (Walker) out of an expiring deal and player they had no intention of bringing back.

win, win.

Glad to see Nate play well. This is the role he's best suited for.
AT is just a hater cause Nate is about to help the team that beat him win a ring and also because Nate > Mo Williams
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

If you can't respect that, your whole perspective is wack

Nate is getting a chip and ya'll are salty about it.

who is salty? go into the knicks thread and read the posts after he does well in a playoff game. Everyone is "proud" of him.

just because most of us think the deal was beneficial to both teams we are salty? we have plenty of things to worry and be mad about. this trade isn't one of them

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

If you can't respect that, your whole perspective is wack

Nate is getting a chip and ya'll are salty about it.

who is salty? go into the knicks thread and read the posts after he does well in a playoff game. Everyone is "proud" of him.

just because most of us think the deal was beneficial to both teams we are salty? we have plenty of things to worry and be mad about. this trade isn't one of them
Nate is my homie, as long as he is winning and doing well i will be happy. There is no saltiness, about it even if i have to root for him in +!@%**+ Celtics green
sick.gif

... waits for David Lee to sign with New Jersey this summer
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

D'antoni sat a perfectly healthy player on the bench for weeks. His first game back he went on a scoring spree that put him in the franchise record books.

Doc Rivers had faith in him, predicting that Nate would win a Finals game for them and he did, twice.

Theres no deflecting D'antoni's misguided stubbornness in the way he handled Nate.
Doc moved him outa the rotation just like D'Antoni did. Doc moved him back in, so did D'Antoni, even starting him. If Doc had faith, so did Mike.

Knicks fans made it out to be something personal with zero evidence of it. Nobody wanted to accept a basketball related reason.

AT, you're partially right.

i'm still salty hes in green and black. i hope he gets a ring, but at the same time, i really cant stand these Celtic guys. it is what it is.

The NBA is a business, you dont keep guys because they're fan favorites. Plently of Knicks have been shipped, regardless of how popular they were with fans.

I didn't even think it was personal though, just stupid.

Like never playing Jordan Hill and constantly starting Duhon just to prove a point. If Duhon could score more than 3 points a game in the second half of the season, we would have probably never gotten to see Toney get his proper burn.

I'm with Prophecy on this one but i'll save that discussion for the 10-11 season thread.

Originally Posted by BangDak

The NBA is a business, you dont keep guys because they're fan favorites. Plently of Knicks have been shipped, regardless of how popular they were with fans.

frown.gif

tired.gif

I didn't even think it was personal though, just stupid.
i wouldnt even disagree with that. i just didn't like the angle of a 'personal vendetta' that media and fans latched onto.

Back
Top Bottom