How many times do you play in the same pair of shoes?

How long does a pair of basketball shoes usually last you until they need to replaced? The traction might lose grip, the cushion bottomed out, or the upper loses support. Just wondering how often you guys get new replacement pairs just for hoop.

Last time I checked I have a rotation of ~45 shoes I use to ball in. Right now I play 1x a week. You do the math.

In all seriousness it depends on the shoe and where and how you play. If you only play indoors a pair of shoes should last for a good year. Some foams such as lunaron seem to bottom out fairly quick. If you play outdoors, you can burn through some pairs in a few hours of gameplay.

Typically indoor lasts me around 2/3rd of a year and then I destroy them outdoors in the summer ending their life cycle. But I used to be poor and wore shoes until there were holes in the bottom . Now that I have more money I want to pay attention to cushioning bottoming out or the upper becoming flimsy making your foot slide around with less containment and slipping because traction has worn out and stuff like that. So just wanted to see how long they last for you guys. I don't know whether to stock up on a particular model I like to hoop in, or just wait for future models because I assume they only get better

My rotation since 2010:

Wore out:

All black Hyperdunk OG

White/black Hyperdunk TB

All white Hyperdunk iD 

Kobe V VDay 

Kobe VI Del Sol 

Gave away:

Kobe V Inline

Kobe V Del Sol

Kobe V Blackout

Threw away:

Kobe VI Duke (fractured my ankle in them so I got superstitious)

Sulfers & 8 iD are my errand runners. 

Last edited:
The shoes I play in indoor and then finally outdoor and then they get retired.

I don't really break shoes that are strictly for indoor, I rotate often

usually get a new pair in the fall/winter for indoor so by the time summer comes i could use them for outdoor

I usually get a new pair about every 2 months. Sometimes I buy the same pair all over again if I love the fit. I play around 4 times a week though. 3 leagues and one run with college teammates on sundays. I switch up a rotation of 3-4 pairs. Right now it's Kyrie 2s Duke, Hyper rev 2016, Jordan XXX my go to top 3 rotation.

Last edited:
I usually get a new pair about every 2 months. Sometimes I buy the same pair all over again if I love the fit. I play around 4 times a week though. 3 leagues and one run with college teammates on sundays. I switch up a rotation of 3-4 pairs. Right now it's Kyrie 2s Duke, Hyper rev 2016, Jordan XXX my go to top 3 rotation.
damn thats often. dont the shoes that drop out of rotation still have cushioning and traction 

Maybe twice a year when I used to play multiple times a week in leagues and pick up.  Now I'm married, have 2 kids and a career so I've resorted to playing once a week and by once a week I mean being a facilitator,  shooting 3s, only  seeing the paint when I know it's a guaranteed lay up and maybe playing legit defense when it's game point lol....I've had my KD 8's since December and they'll probably last me the rest of my basketball pick up career the way it's looking 
roll.gif
 .... It really does depend on how much you play and the cushion.  Zoom Air seems like it lasts forever.  If the KD 9 performs well I might have to pick those up though...those look beautiful.  

Since I work at Footlocker and get great discounts and I only play indoors I usually use a new pair each month and then I throw them away. Can't have my feet stinking on the court, yadidamean

Since I work at Footlocker and get great discounts and I only play indoors I usually use a new pair each month and then I throw them away. Can't have my feet stinking on the court, yadidamean

Damn why don't you just wear them outdoors

Back
Top Bottom