I guess I need your advice afterall....Travelling thru Europe....tell me where to go

So I'm gonna be in Vienna, Austria next month from July 3rd to the 18th after that I'll be free to travel Europe for a few days....Anybody know of city close by that I can stop by in and enjoy my time? 

I'm black btw....thanks guise.

So I'm gonna be in Vienna, Austria next month from July 3rd to the 18th after that I'll be free to travel Europe for a few days....Anybody know of city close by that I can stop by in and enjoy my time? 

Originally Posted by pookieman

You should be alright irregardless of your ethnicity brah.
Vienna is real nice.  We spent some of our honeymoon there.
What are you going there for and who with?

Look for St. Stephens Cathedral.  There's an outdoor shopping area that's pretty swank.
There's an amusement park called Prater... it was free to get in and it's your typical small type amusement park (lots of young people)
Schonbrunn Palace is nice to walk around their park and gardens (if you're into that thing)

Vienna's subway system is super easy to navigate and it's CLEAN!

Now for nearby cities ~~ if you don't mind a few hours on a train ~~ Prague is nearby.  I was there in 2005.  It's a nice town comparable to Vienna in style.
There's Krakow, Poland (I've never been, but would like to go) ... you could possibly see the Nazi concentration camp in the movie Schindler's List (Auschwitz) ... IF you're into that thing.

Heck, if you're down with travelling, you might as well hit Venice, Italy or something.  In Europe, they have the equivalent of Southwest Airlines or JetBlue ~ roughly $99 plane tickets.

If you don't mind that, I'd hit up London or Paris for sure!

Take lots of pictures for NT!

Originally Posted by pookieman

You should be alright irregardless of your ethnicity brah.
Vienna is real nice.  We spent some of our honeymoon there.
What are you going there for and who with?

Look for St. Stephens Cathedral.  There's an outdoor shopping area that's pretty swank.
There's an amusement park called Prater... it was free to get in and it's your typical small type amusement park (lots of young people)
Schonbrunn Palace is nice to walk around their park and gardens (if you're into that thing)

Vienna's subway system is super easy to navigate and it's CLEAN!

Now for nearby cities ~~ if you don't mind a few hours on a train ~~ Prague is nearby.  I was there in 2005.  It's a nice town comparable to Vienna in style.
There's Krakow, Poland (I've never been, but would like to go) ... you could possibly see the Nazi concentration camp in the movie Schindler's List (Auschwitz) ... IF you're into that thing.

Heck, if you're down with travelling, you might as well hit Venice, Italy or something.  In Europe, they have the equivalent of Southwest Airlines or JetBlue ~ roughly $99 plane tickets.

If you don't mind that, I'd hit up London or Paris for sure!

Take lots of pictures for NT!

Thanks man, I'll look into it....I'm going over there to play in a football tournament/competition and I am given the chance to stay alone and travel...I just have to pay the difference in return flight from whatever city I leave from. I was thinking London, but that distance is horrid....I want to try a large German city possibly. 

Thanks man, I'll look into it....I'm going over there to play in a football tournament/competition and I am given the chance to stay alone and travel...I just have to pay the difference in return flight from whatever city I leave from. I was thinking London, but that distance is horrid....I want to try a large German city possibly. 

Barcelona, Paris, London, Florence, Rome.....all great cities to visit. Madrid is too hot and empty. Greek islands are amazing as well but those are more beachy vacation spots, not as much sightseeing/touristy stuff.
If you're looking to see something different from Western Europe try Sweden or Norway....beautiful during the summer. And the females......wow. Not many black dudes there, they might be curious 
glasses.gif

Barcelona, Paris, London, Florence, Rome.....all great cities to visit. Madrid is too hot and empty. Greek islands are amazing as well but those are more beachy vacation spots, not as much sightseeing/touristy stuff.
If you're looking to see something different from Western Europe try Sweden or Norway....beautiful during the summer. And the females......wow. Not many black dudes there, they might be curious 
glasses.gif

As far as German cities are concerned, I would strongly suggest visiting Dresden. The old part of town is, in my opinion, the most architecturally beautiful place in the Western World. The Bridge, the old ramparts, the mosaics in the alleyways, the churches, the fountains, the opera house are all based on ideal Renaissance concepts of design. The city also has multiple museums with Medieval and Renaissance weapons, one that is full of amazing gold and silver treasure and one with the oldest of the great oil painting.

If you are into art and culture, Dresden is a city in South Eastern Germany, not that far from Vienna.

If you want a very dynamic and modern city, go to Berlin or Hamburg. Hamburg in particular, has an amazing club scene and a lot of very pretty, tall blond girls. Dress warm for Hamburg though, I was there in July and on some nights it was near freezing.

As far as German cities are concerned, I would strongly suggest visiting Dresden. The old part of town is, in my opinion, the most architecturally beautiful place in the Western World. The Bridge, the old ramparts, the mosaics in the alleyways, the churches, the fountains, the opera house are all based on ideal Renaissance concepts of design. The city also has multiple museums with Medieval and Renaissance weapons, one that is full of amazing gold and silver treasure and one with the oldest of the great oil painting.

If you are into art and culture, Dresden is a city in South Eastern Germany, not that far from Vienna.

If you want a very dynamic and modern city, go to Berlin or Hamburg. Hamburg in particular, has an amazing club scene and a lot of very pretty, tall blond girls. Dress warm for Hamburg though, I was there in July and on some nights it was near freezing.

I believe Munich is fairly close to Vienna... maybe I'm thinking of Dresden too.
If you really want to go to London, check out those cheapy flights

try www.ryanair.com ... that's a popular site... and your options are pretty much limited only by your budget.

I believe Munich is fairly close to Vienna... maybe I'm thinking of Dresden too.
If you really want to go to London, check out those cheapy flights

try www.ryanair.com ... that's a popular site... and your options are pretty much limited only by your budget.

Go to to Portugal in the Algarve ( Southern Portugal ) . Everyone speaks English there since there are alot of British people vacationing there. Crystal clear beaches, and an INSANEE night life. I would deff. hit up Amsterdam too
pimp.gif

Go to to Portugal in the Algarve ( Southern Portugal ) . Everyone speaks English there since there are alot of British people vacationing there. Crystal clear beaches, and an INSANEE night life. I would deff. hit up Amsterdam too
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom