idea: oly 7, covering the silver with 3m.

i am only thinking about doing this, but since there is a chance the shoe might get ruined, i'm throwing the idea out there, looking for some opinions and tips.

i picked up the olys from last year on release (been wanting them for years) and have been fairly disappointed with the material they used. the silver parts really emphasise the plasticy crappy leather, and i noticed the tone on the silver is very close to that of the 3M scotchbright i have left over from putting it into my vi's.

View media item 317695
this stuff is super bright (heaps brighter than the stuff jb uses these days), so i thought the end result would be sweet.

View media item 317696
So, would it be possible to glue this stuff, cut to size, on top of the leather? if so, what kind of glue would be flexible and strong enough?

the only downside i see are that the stitching would be hidden. any thoughts would be appreciated.

They make 3m paint. That would be a lot better to use then this material.

I have to reglue/repaint my 2004s so I may try this if I can get the material.

oh thanks for the headsup.
*checking ebay*

i wonder how bright it would be.

edit: damn, there's brush on paint and spray can stuff. the can stuff looks real promising, but i don't know what colour it appears as in ordinary light.

Last edited:
Hmmm, as of right now I'm separating the sole since they got a terrible super glue job a few years ago.

I'll post the before pics in a second, I really like this concept do you think they sell the paint locally? I hate waiting on shipping :lol:

oh man, i have no idea how to fix that. those cracks need filling with something.

the only ebay store i found the spray can in is actually local for me. might drive over to the store as save ten bucks for shipping (and time too). since it is basically clear, it opens up a lot of potential for all our kicks.

Oh no, I can fix it. I restore things in my time. I separated it and there was a thick layer of dried super glue in there :x

I like a paint over a spray though. Any links?

Back
Top Bottom