In Search Of Tattoo Shop/Guy

D

Deleted member 38182

Anybody got any recommendations for a place or person you may know, that does tattoos?

I've been going to Royal Peacock and Bonehead, but those places are pricey.....

Help please?

how far are you willing to go, and what type of tattoo are you looking to get? just wanted to gauge your willingness to travel since you're from sacramento.

i had some work done at humble beginnings in san jose close to valleyfair mall. i got a religious piece done by a dude named roberto, but they do a lot of tribal work. the go to guy is supposedly Orly, especially for tribal pieces. the thing is i think hes booked solid for a few months, but my buddy got tatted up by his apprentice, mel. her work was pretty good too. the parlor has some cool folks up in there too.

my cousins got their tattoos at Inkies in fremont. pretty solid place as well.

Top Shops IMO:

Humble Beginnings. San Jose, CA

Analog Tattoo. San Jose, CA

State Of Grace. San Jose, CA

Seventh Son. San Francisco, CA

War Horse. Berkeley, CA

Everlasting Tattoo San Francisco, CA

Idle Hands. San Francisco, CA

Spider Murphy's. San Raphael, CA

Ed Hardy's Tattoo City. San Francisco, CA

FTW. Oakland, CA

Skull & Sword. San Francisco, CA

Diamond Club. San Francisco, CA

My Garage. Hayward, CA

Good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good...

Last edited:
That's definitely true. But what makes for a good tatt besides the design the artist comes up with? The last work I had done was for some text and it was 120, most of my friends said I overpaid, but whatever
how far are you willing to go, and what type of tattoo are you looking to get? just wanted to gauge your willingness to travel since you're from sacramento.
I'm willing to go out to the bay area/SJ area and I'm trying to get some sort of patriotic eagle, but I don't really know what exactly.

That's definitely true. But what makes for a good tatt besides the design the artist comes up with? The last work I had done was for some text and it was 120, most of my friends said I overpaid, but whatever

I'm willing to go out to the bay area/SJ area and I'm trying to get some sort of patriotic eagle, but I don't really know what exactly.
An artist can provide you with the best artwork in the world, but what matters most is how well they can take the artwork and transfer it on to your skin.

Shading, strong line work, attention to detail, coloring, and a steady hand all contribute to a good tattoo.

It is very important that your artist is also passionate about the style of tattoo you want.

Top Shops IMO:

Humble Beginnings. San Jose, CA
Analog Tattoo. San Jose, CA
State Of Grace. San Jose, CA
Seventh Son. San Francisco, CA
War Horse. Berkeley, CA
Everlasting Tattoo San Francisco, CA
Idle Hands. San Francisco, CA
Ed Hardy's Tattoo City. San Francisco, CA
FTW. Oakland, CA
Skull & Sword. San Francisco, CA
Diamond Club. San Francisco, CA
My Garage. Hayward, CA

7thson ftw

An artist can provide you with the best artwork in the world, but what matters most is how well they can take the artwork and transfer it on to your skin.

Shading, strong line work, attention to detail, coloring, and a steady hand all contribute to a good tattoo.

It is very important that your artist is also passionate about the style of tattoo you want.
Ahh ok good stuff. Didn't know any of this 
ohwell.gif

A few of the Giants (Sergio Romo, Hector Sanchez, Pablo Sandoval) got tatted up at Lucky Vans in SF. Just thought I'd throw that out there 

Gotcha... If you guys could post pics of your piece and how much yall paid, that'd be awesome. I'm just leery of getting fleeced 

Gotcha... If you guys could post pics of your piece and how much yall paid, that'd be awesome. I'm just leery of getting fleeced 
For large pieces, the standard rate in the Bay Area is typically $150 an hour ($200-$250 an hour from world renowned artists located in the Bay)

Small pieces are usually quoted by size and complexity.

Top Shops IMO:

I can vouch for that place. Half of my fam has gotten work done there. They got some ill folks if you're into that traditional style.

A few of the Giants (Sergio Romo, Hector Sanchez, Pablo Sandoval) got tatted up at Lucky Vans in SF. Just thought I'd throw that out there 
After seeing their website and photo gallery, I would not recommend that shop to anyone!

Been going to Marks of Art in San Jose for 15 years. Have had Shannon Cullen do my work over there . You can check out his work on Instagram @cullen77 . Rates are at $150/hour I think

Back
Top Bottom