Jordan XI Low Space Jam - May 18, 2024

Im sitting on two DS pairs of the navy snakes. Love that shoe. Finally junked my first pair last year, they were toast. Gonna break out one of these new pairs soon. Can’t believe it’s been five years since they dropped.

Concords are my favorite patent low. They need to release them again in this better shape.
Love the snakeskin pair. Have the recent release and still have the original release from back in 2001 I believe. Soles separated and completely yellowed, but would like to restore them.

Need just one pair of these lows.

Love the snakeskin pair. Have the recent release and still have the original release from back in 2001 I believe. Soles separated and completely yellowed, but would like to restore them.

Need just one pair of these lows.

The original navy snakes ... man, I looked at those sitting on the old NDC tons of times back then and never pulled the trigger. In that era, I couldn't picture myself walking around in faux snakeskin Jordans. What a mistake. I've run across those OGs a couple of times in resale shops and they look so good. The 2019 retros are OK and look great on feet, but they are still quite a bit off from the originals.
Of course, even if I had bought them all those years ago, it wouldn't do me any good now. Nike/JB really needs to do them again and make them closer to the old ones.

At that time, the snakeskin was the weak pair.
A lot of good stuff came out that year too if I remember correctly

The snakeskins were never weak

It wasn’t a matter of weak to me. I thought they looked cool but simply couldn’t see myself wearing shoes trimmed in snakeskin back then. It was a different time🤣
Now I’m in my 40s and I don’t feel at all silly wearing them. Some of it is the fact that so many wild shoes and styles have happened since then, they no longer seem remotely unusual or flashy. But to me at the time, it was the opposite.

Space Jams one of my favorite 11's but these joints right here.... Not interested in any low 11's but these made me look twice :lol: passing still

is it the shape or the height or both that ruins it for you? I am a fan of the patent lows, specifically because i like the low cut, but i know this is an unpopular opinion
Tbh I don't really like other. If I do end up copping its just going to be solely on the fact that I don't own a pair of Space Jams and they would look nice to wear in the summer since they go with basically any outfit.

Trying to make people not buy with those high water khakis and tucked back laces. Egregious af

JB really needs to revamp the shape, proportions and PL cut on the XI lows just like it did for the mids. XIs are one of my favorite shoes of all time, and I actually like low versions of several Js, so these should be at the top of the list. But these pics are doing nothing to excite me. The annoying thing is, JB did fix them compared to what they were like back when the concord lows and black/red lows dropped in 2014. The 2019 snakeskin retros still look cool to me, for example, but in this SJ colorway, the shoe just doesn't hit like it should.

JB really needs to revamp the shape, proportions and PL cut on the XI lows just like it did for the mids. XIs are one of my favorite shoes of all time, and I actually like low versions of several Js, so these should be at the top of the list. But these pics are doing nothing to excite me. The annoying thing is, JB did fix them compared to what they were like back when the concord lows and black/red lows dropped in 2014. The 2019 snakeskin retros still look cool to me, for example, but in this SJ colorway, the shoe just doesn't hit like it should.

Yeah something isn’t all the way right with the PL. I’ll wait until I see more retail pairs but I agree they need a complete overhaul.

These had potential too but they have that same shape issue and they completely missed on the outsole

IMG_2030.jpeg

Yeah something isn’t all the way right with the PL. I’ll wait until I see more retail pairs but I agree they need a complete overhaul.

These had potential too but they have that same shape issue and they completely missed on the outsole

IMG_2030.jpeg
If we get that outsole on this years release I’m gonna be livid 🤬

Back
Top Bottom