**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So bring back the guys that weren’t good enough and… hope that next time’s different?

Okay.

New coach will figure it all out 😂

Nope. Simple risk reward.

Can you find and replace DLo with a better option? No. At least not without gutting the team. He’s going to opt out. So unless you’re tearing it all down, DLo provides your best chance at PG when you have this little room for maneuvering.

Same with AR.
Same with Vando
Same with Bron
Same with AD.

What I said is there are 2 major holes. A player who can take primary defense on the perimeter guarding 2s&3s. (that is where you trade Rui and if you want to shed salaries, where you can add Gabe).
Out of the mid-size deals DLo, Rui, AR, Vando and Gabe. Rui and Gabe would have the least overall impact on long term success if traded.

The second hole is a backup center. Hayes as a third center isn’t terrible. But you need someone like Drummond to be in between the 2.

Between the 4&5, you can play up positions and you can play down positions.

He only cares about D'Lo dawg

I care about what makes the most sense dawg.

Sorry if I think Trae Young who may be the worst perimeter defender in the league, as an 18ppg 3rd option all whilst trading away 3 guys or letting guys walk isn’t intriguing to watch.

Looking for our 8th Head scapeCoach since Phil in 2011.
Hiring JJ would be the 3rd hire with 0 experience (Walton, Ham). 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️
When did we become Head Coach's first job?
McLakers 😂🫠
#PelinkaIsRobbingUs

Nope. Simple risk reward.

Can you find and replace DLo with a better option? No. At least not without gutting the team. He’s going to opt out. So unless you’re tearing it all down, DLo provides your best chance at PG when you have this little room for maneuvering
I’ll gladly take just about any guard (1 or 2) that offers some two way potential over DLo… and explain to me how DLo has gone from a player no one wanted at the deadline unless you attached a 1st round pick to now someone teams are throwing a bag at during free agency?

Make it make sense man.

If the argument for keeping him around doesn’t start and end with basketball reasons then there is no real debate moving forward.

The writing is clearly on the wall. They gave him a tradeable contract, explored trading him at the deadline and immediately after the deadline announced they'd be looking to trade for a guard in the offseason. If Mitchell steers his way over it wouldn't even cost much, he makes the most sense as a trade target

Don't think Bron would want him back, but AD (gave him the best looks besides Bron) and AR (bestie on the team) would want to bring him back.

I like Ty Lue, lots of unique rotations/adjustments. My main issue is he loves going small too :lol:. JJ Redick.. nah, we're good on another first-time coach.

Valanciunas got played off the court, couldn't keep up with OKC spacing. They kept going to him to post-up and was reasonably effective, but ultimately let Chet go off and was literally unplayable.

My wishes: Sign my guy Max Chrstie on a good long-term contract. 4 year-10 million, get em' while he's young locked up and bet on his potential.

Free agents I'd pursue (bigger fish): Carushow, Derrick White, Markkanen, Myles Turner, Sengun, Donovan Mitchell (Player option)

Budget bets (if you can get em on a good deal): Jalen Mcdaniels, Terrance Mann, Jonathan Isaac, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Jalen Johnson (RFA), Isaiah Jackson (RFA), Thybulle (player option), Naz reid (player option)

Back
Top Bottom