Live-Action Star Wars on Disney+ | The Acolyte | New episodes Tuesdays | R.I.P. Carl Weathers

Did you like Chapter 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess it’s just me but this has been a huge letdown.

They got Obi Wan and Vader fighting and that’s gotta feel at a minimum as epic as when Luke drops into Mandalorian at the end and crushes it out.

I don’t know. Everything about this show is off to me. Obi won just running around a random planet in the desert. It’s not like he wasn’t in war before and dealt with all sorts of missions. He may not want to use the force but thought he’d be different not this.

Also Inqquistiors aren’t menacing at all. It’s too over the top with no build up to their power. And definitely the lack of structure and her just murking someone is so out of line with a well run Empire

People still lose their **** over a Black woman. :smh:

Says the company who did this to Finn:rolleyes

DAF3FA96-2745-4B1E-B532-A9B1B2544C22.jpeg

I guess it’s just me but this has been a huge letdown.

They got Obi Wan and Vader fighting and that’s gotta feel at a minimum as epic as when Luke drops into Mandalorian at the end and crushes it out.

I don’t know. Everything about this show is off to me. Obi won just running around a random planet in the desert. It’s not like he wasn’t in war before and dealt with all sorts of missions. He may not want to use the force but thought he’d be different not this.

Also Inqquistiors aren’t menacing at all. It’s too over the top with no build up to their power. And definitely the lack of structure and her just murking someone is so out of line with a well run Empire
imma just stop using spoilers now after this episode. feels like everyone in here watched it by now.

I understand your opinion and respect it, but everything you find wrong about it is what i actually enjoy :lol:

and i’m not gonna write up something to flip your opinion around, but just to share my thoughts about why i think it works (so far):

This fight between Vader and Ben won’t be the last time they fight each other. They will light up them sabers against each other again. Yes, i can understand it being a slower fight, but the way i interpret it so far is this is NOT Obi Wan Kenobi anymore. This is Ben Kenobi from a cave that has suppressed and neglected his force abilities for obvious reasons. Suddenly he’s tasked with inquisitors and Vader and he’s just not built like that anymore. Will a few episodes make a difference? Not sure, but that depends on how they tell the story.

Again, this story IMO is about Obi Wan feeling like a defeated person in the desert planet of Tattooine and needing to find himself again and becoming that Jedi Knight that we see in A New Hope with Hope and Purpose.

As far as the Inquisitors - it’s similar to what we’ve seen in various other forms of media when it comes to them. They are a collection of force sensitivie dark side wielders (former jedi i think was explained in this show, but i might be mixing it up with another show/comic/video game) but they are only in it for themselves although they gotta work together. It’s suppose to be a dysfunctional bunch. But i can hella understand your perspective on this and everything else.

when obi wan found out quinlan vos was still alive and helping other jedi and force sensitive kids he realized what a ***** *** coward hes been all these years.

imma just stop using spoilers now after this episode. feels like everyone in here watched it by now.

I understand your opinion and respect it, but everything you find wrong about it is what i actually enjoy :lol:

and i’m not gonna write up something to flip your opinion around, but just to share my thoughts about why i think it works (so far):

This fight between Vader and Ben won’t be the last time they fight each other. They will light up them sabers against each other again. Yes, i can understand it being a slower fight, but the way i interpret it so far is this is NOT Obi Wan Kenobi anymore. This is Ben Kenobi from a cave that has suppressed and neglected his force abilities for obvious reasons. Suddenly he’s tasked with inquisitors and Vader and he’s just not built like that anymore. Will a few episodes make a difference? Not sure, but that depends on how they tell the story.

Again, this story IMO is about Obi Wan feeling like a defeated person in the desert planet of Tattooine and needing to find himself again and becoming that Jedi Knight that we see in A New Hope with Hope and Purpose.

As far as the Inquisitors - it’s similar to what we’ve seen in various other forms of media when it comes to them. They are a collection of force sensitivie dark side wielders (former jedi i think was explained in this show, but i might be mixing it up with another show/comic/video game) but they are only in it for themselves although they gotta work together. It’s suppose to be a dysfunctional bunch. But i can hella understand your perspective on this and everything else.
I agree. Having ObiWan come out fighting Vader with his "Lightsaber blazing" would not be reasonable and realistic cuz he's been filleting space fish, keeping his head down and hiding out in his cave for the past decade... like an old and stinky (Teeka's words) hermit! You can say he's been sulking and wallowing in self-pity too much, but the guilt of the thought of killing his friend... his brother... and letting his Master down has been weighing heavy on him.

Reva - in the safe house, when she saw that Jedi insignia, for a sec there, it looked like she recognized it and wanted to touch it. I guess this further supports the theory that she was one of these Younglings captured during Order 66. 🤔 Feels like they're paving the way for her to go back to the Light Side.
Untitled-1.jpg

Obi wan buried his lightsaber (and Anakins) in the middle of the desert and cut himself off from the force for the last decade. Why do people expect him to remain sharp and skilled as we last saw him in episode 3? Just like with anything in life, if you don’t use it, you loose it.

It’s like when Allen Iverson was going to be a player coach in Ice Cubes Big 3 league, and everyone was giving him flak for going 1-6 for 2 points in his debut. Expected 2001 Iverson to be out there :lol:

I agree. Having ObiWan come out fighting Vader with his "Lightsaber blazing" would not be reasonable and realistic cuz he's been filleting space fish, keeping his head down and hiding out in his cave for the past decade... like an old and stinky (Teeka's words) hermit! You can say he's been sulking and wallowing in self-pity too much, but the guilt of the thought of killing his friend... his brother... and letting his Master down has been weighing heavy on him.

Reva - in the safe house, when she saw that Jedi insignia, for a sec there, it looked like she recognized it and wanted to touch it. I guess this further supports the theory that she was one of these Younglings captured during Order 66. 🤔 Feels like they're paving the way for her to go back to the Light Side.
Untitled-1.jpg

Dead on about where Kenobi should be at this point in his life.

And I think everybody has Reva pegged as eventually dying with a redemption story.

i like star wars theory dude for episode breakdowns, he seems to genuinely know star wars unlike someone like new rockstars who you just know they see something and they run to reddit or google to see what it means

for casual fans, i like it that he points out stuff that i wouldnt have known like vader building his castle in mustafar and within sight from his window is where he burnt up as constant reminded on his failures

he also explains why he shouldnt have fire ptsd because his castle is in mustafar and that his suit is actually made to withstand fire and other extreme conditions including being in space

he also pointed out the droid loader might be someone in disguise and i initially thought of that too since he had that hammer ready to beat the storm troopers to death, he guesses its the dude from the bad batch but i have no idea who those are (now i got to watch it)

he also briefly touched up on who quinlan voss is and how he even made a cameo in phantom menace

NRS/Erik Voss is is definitely for the views and subs and go for the casuals. They have a team that does “research” and is just content.

SW Theory is the dude that lives for this **** and can tell you what size batteries run every lightsaber. You can tell which personalities is which by how much they cry in their reaction videos.

Episode was awesome. I did not expect to see Vader so early with the lightsaber. At least The response by Obi-Wan was pretty accurate face somewhere he's at. So far so good and I'm definitely down for a second season So far so good and I'm definitely down for a second season

Some inconsistencies in the last episode. Like why did vader stop attacking him when the fire was lit and didn't he sense the woman that intervened when he was attacking obi wan. All he had to do was force choke her

Disney made sure it was a woman that shot the female storm trooper. They didn't want that backlash if they used a male to shoot a female lol

He isnt using the force because it would give away his location. Thats why he only used it to save Leia from falling as a last resort. You really didnt gather this from watching the show?
ok but then how is he gonna protect and watch over luke WITHOUT the force, giving up his jedi training, and burying his lightsaber?

we saw how washed he looked vs vader. imagine vader and the inquisitors coming to uncle owens home. he wouldnt stand a chance.

him giving up on everything really contradicts his whole purpose of being there.

thats my biggest gripe but its just star wars so whatever.

Last edited:
ok but then how is he gonna protect and watch over luke WITHOUT the force, giving up his jedi training, and burying his lightsaber?

we saw how washed he looked vs vader. imagine vader and the inquisitors coming to uncle owens home. he wouldnt stand a chance.

him giving up on everything really contradicts his whole purpose of being there.

thats my biggest gripe but its just star wars so whatever.

That's the issue with every modern day visits of old franchises, not just SW. They always want the main character, typically a male, washed up. It's kinda old at this point and I can't think of a time that it was a popular move. Maybe Johnny Lawrence in Cobra Kai is the one time where it worked?

But I guess I'm just gonna assume Ben seeing Unc Owen burned up in ANH meant it was open season for him to just start igniting lightsabers, using jedi mind tricks, teaching Luke the force, etc. without any dambs given at that point. Especially since he sure as hell wasn't expecting to meet Vader on that Death Star, at all.

I’ve always said SW is nothing but ret-cons and contradiction. From Luke & Leia kissing, to Kenobi saying Luke was their last hope to Yoda reminding him there’s another, there’s just so many inconsistencies.

Even the fake drama with Grand Inq like we already don’t know how his story will unfold. It’s just weird how inconsistent they are.
They really do have to stop visiting the OT era.

Obi post prequel trilogy should’ve had some time where he was still active before he went in to protective voyeur hermit mode.

Also your post makes me realize the inconsistency of Obi contacting Luke well in to his teens when the whole Jedi process he’s most familiar with is if he had took Luke in as a child and simply raised and trained him then.

Of course that’s a very different story if he does that.

They really do have to stop visiting the OT era.

Obi post prequel trilogy should’ve had some time where he was still active before he went in to protective voyeur hermit mode.

Also your post makes me realize the inconsistency of Obi contacting Luke well in to his teens when the whole Jedi process he’s most familiar with is if he had took Luke in as a child and simply raised and trained him then.

Of course that’s a very different story if he does that.

Seriously. How crazy is it that Ben's like I'm gonna watch this boy for 20 years and then train him. But then dies on him that first day and then pops back as a ghost 3-4 years later. Then tells him to go to Dagobah and just let the wiser Jedi Master train him. That's some wild stuff:lol:

Back
Top Bottom