Logo Design: The Jumpman

[h2]Logo Design: The Jumpman[/h2]

For almost 20 years now the Jumpman has been selling sneakers, shirts, hats, socks, wrist bands, back packs, and anything else Nike could attach a Jumpman to. Giving consumers a piece of Michael Jordan’s incomparable legacy.

But this didn’t happen overnight…

Let’s travel back to 1984 and re-trace the path of the now Infamous Jumpman logo…
The Jumpman logo is actually a silhouette of studio photograph of Mike performing a ballet move, not an actual dunk as the image suggests.

Here’s part of an interview with HOOP Magazine from April of 1997 where MJ talks about the creation of the Jumpman Logo.

“I wasn’t even dunking on that one.
People think that I was.
I just stood on the floor, jumped up and spread my legs and they took the picture.
I wasn’t even running.
Everyone thought I did that by running and taking off. Actually, it was a ballet move where I jumped up and spread my legs.
And I was holding the ball in my left hand.

Was gonna make a troll reply but actually a good read

You have been spared

That's a good read. Tinker Hatfield
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

It sounds like the guy who designed the logo, Peter Moore, basically gave the design to Nike in a failed coup d'état for Jordan. Pretty cool story. I love how Jordan admitted that it was a ballet move.

^ That website is terrible!  No information about the styles, prices, or way to purchase it directly from them.

Back
Top Bottom