Los Angeles/ San Diego Area Summer Event Calender / List

I was about to create a bunch of threads for upcoming events in LA, but thought it would be easier to have them here. if an event is big enough ill make a seperate thread, i feel like a promoter or something :lol: but i thought ti would be cool to keep track of things going on in LA. if you want me to throw an event on here , send me the info.
click spoilers for more info on said events.

Saturday MAY 31st

LA DunkXchange

from the website:
For the First time the DXC will team up with Nice Kicks, Rif LA, and Jason Markk for an outdoor swap meet experience in the heart of Little Tokyo.

From 12 to 6pm the JACCC Plaza will be transformed into a sneaker, clothing, music, and art bazzare, showcasing the best that southern california has to offer.

More info will be coming soon. We have lots of surprise guests and product that we will be revealing soon.

Stay tunned.

http://dunkxchange.com/1st-annual-dxc-swap-meet-tokyo-los-angeles/19071/news/

tickets: https://dunkxchange.webconnex.com/TICKETS

Johnny Cupcakes x Simpsons Release Party

It was just about two years ago when we were approached by the wonderful folks at Fox to collaborate on a project for The Simpson’s 25th anniversary. We’ve done some great collaborations that we’re extremely proud of, but The Simpsons? They are so deeply ingrained in our culture, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who can’t name the entire Simpsons family, and certainly not a soul that couldn’t at least quote some of the show’s more popular catchphrases. Heck, “d’oh” was added to the Merriam-Webster dictionary! We of course said yes to the opportunity and began concocting some nuclear recipes in our Johnny Cupcakes plant.

Our decision to work on The Simpsons collaboration was an easy one to make. The synergy between our two brands is evident in many ways, some as simple as our mascots: Homer Simpson is often seen indulging himself in a donut, while our mascot Big Kid is usually carting around a cupcake everywhere he goes. Both are rather jovial fellows with an insatiable sweet tooth. You could also draw parallels between the bright imagery of both brands, and the use of strong, clean black outlines. But, I think the most important trait we share would be the way that we both poke fun at pop culture with our tongues firmly planted in our cheeks. The Simpsons are the kings of satire and parody, and those are two foundations of the Johnny Cupcakes brand.

There’s also a strong personal connection I have with The Simpsons, which I’m sure many of you share. I always saw a bit of myself in Bart Simpson. Being a class clown and prankster, he was the perfect anti-hero for my youth (okay, and maybe my adulthood too!) Skateboarding down Simpsons memory lane, Bart taught me how to make prank calls, elude bullies, torture my sister and her friends, and the subtle art of getting yourself out of class. These are lessons I’d not soon forget and really helped mold me into the person I am today. I try to pull a prank at least once a day!

So my team and I are really excited to unveil this project to the world, it’s easily our biggest to date and we’ve poured our blood, sweat and tears into it. We have some awesome limited-edition box sets coming out, each jam-packed with treats featuring 3 of the most iconic characters from The Simpsons world. There’ll also be plenty of other goodies available including tees, hats, and stickers! Stay tuned as we start giving you more sneak peeks at the collection and mark your calendars for May 31st, you won’t want to miss this one!

location: Johnny Cupcakes LA- 7959 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90048

via their instgram: http://instagram.com/johnnycupcakes

Wekfest LA (Long Beach)

The Wekfest tour returns to Long Beach! Wekfest LA will be held on May 31st, 2014 at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. This is our tour's sole outdoor event, come see some of the best Import, European and Domestic cars the westcoast has to offer!

OFFICIAL WEB PAGE: http://www.wekfest.net/los-angeles.html/

Saturday June 28, 2014

TacoLandia : Presented by LA Weekly

About the Event

LA Weekly presents Tacolandia 2014 at El Pueblo de Los Angeles in downtown! Join us Saturday, June 28th 2014 from 3pm to 7pm for an evening of food, drinks, entertainment and exclusive tequila tasting experience.

Curated by the World's First Tacorazzo, Bill Esparza, Tacolandia 2014 will feature tacos from over 40 of LA and Mexico's hottest vendors.

Tacolandia
Saturday June 28th, 2014
3pm – 7pm
El Pueblo de Los Angeles
125 Paseo De La Plz, Los Angeles, CA 90012 90028

Tacolandia is a 21+ event. You must be over 21 and show a valid ID to enter.

NT Thread: http://niketalk.com/t/593104/tacolandia-nt-mini-summit-saturday-june-28th-2014-3pm-7pm-21-only

Last edited:
Still debating whether to go to dunkxchange. I don't have anything to sell and I will be tempted to buy. But I need to save. Hmmmmm

Im going to dunk exchange with my cousin because he's been dying to cop the south beach lebrons forever now. Plus I wanted to cop some Jason markk

went to the local dunkxchange today. picked up some used bueller's for 175. :D

i knew people would of had the lance mountains on display :wow: :wow:

They were raffling out a size 10. Overall good times RIF was giving out some good deals on stuff they had.

I was looking forward to that tacolandia but i'm gonna end up going to KOTD BOLA5. It is in Cali same day so I don't know if you want to post that also….

Back
Top Bottom