Move to NYC...

So I'm hoping to graduate from college here this upcoming year (Spring '10).

I'm looking to move to NYC probably by the next fall or winter sometime...

I know it's expensive living out there, so how much would you NYC'ers recommend saving up before moving out there?

depends on a lot of things - where are you graduating from? what type of job are you looking to get? where do you want to live in new york? are you planning tolive with a roommate?

i'm graduating with a degree in finance and i'd be looking to get a job somewhere in that capacity.

i'm not really sure where i'd like to live...but i'm pretty sure after a year i'd go back and get an accounting degree once i got my NYcitizenship status so it's not so damn expensive for school.

what are the not AS expensive places to live in manhatten? wouldn't mind living in brooklyn either...what are some nice neighborhoods out there?

First, you should try to obtain some kind of job. It's expensive to live in the city so you will need to look somewhere outside the city. Also, rememberthat you will need rent plus deposit. It's not easy to get a job anywhere so you should look into that before you get here, you may be unemployed for awhile so you need enough saved for such things like food etc.

everywhere is expensive to rent in manhattan. most one bedrooms start at $2600 and up so you would need to get a roommate to split the rent. (put up a wall)

i wouldn't mind living in brooklyn, just not the sooooo hood areas...there some nice areas in brooklyn?

You could even move to NJ and that the ferry into the city everyday. Not to bring down your plans, but don't expect to get your degree in Finance andexpect to work in one of the big banks or firms. I know plenty of people who graduated with finance degrees and are jobless and resorting to grad school rightnow.

Back
Top Bottom