Moving to Santa Monica...maybe

I have my final interview with a company and would be based out of Santa Monica (Wilshire Blvd. 90401) if I get the position. My start date would be December6th. I am not local (from norcal) so I am thinking ahead to a living option near that area of Santa Monica. I wanted to get a weekly stay type place, or ifcheaper a room in someones place or such for a week to three weeks while I get settled and decide where I am going to live. I have a friend in So. Cal thatI'll be getting a place with, but just need a little time to get my bearings straight and get that first paycheck before being able to put down for a leaseetc. Any suggestions on places that would fit this? Any cheap weekly extended stay type places in the area? I stayed at one in Atlanta, GA and it was about$210 for a week, quite manageable.

First off.

Welcome to the Neighborhood!

Unfortunately I don't really know much about weekly stay type places so I'm not much help. I know there are a handful of motels in the area with signsthat advertise weekly or monthly rates so you might want to check those out. I don't live far from where you will be working and I know I've seen a fewof these motels right in my area up on Wilshire Blvd, East of Bundy (West of Sepulveda). Even if the motel itself is a bit seedy, the area as a whole is verynice and safe and nothing to worry about.

Thank you. I looked into some hostels in the area...they look like the cheapest option. Might end up just crashing at one of those spots...i've always hada pretty relaxed time at them.

Back
Top Bottom