New Producer Thread vol. 2013 (Post Your Stuff & Share Tips!)

Humbled

formerly whatslosinlike
Considering how all the other production threads are dead, I figured i'd start a new one. Those old threads where people would share info and tips helped out a lot and i'm sure another one could help more people.

Here's my newest joint, feel free to post your stuff too

:smokin

Last edited:
Gonna keep my eye on this thread. I want to learn beatmaking, so hope to get some helpful advice from you guys. No looking to do this serious, just for fun and a extra hobby.

Thanks

Nice tracks guys

Try to be original.

Imitating the sound of your favorite producers is where everyone starts, but you want to be able to move past that and have a sound of your own.

Funny thing is, when you try to imitate and make a beat that sounds like a certain producer, you'll more than likely fail. :lol:

Like PLVN said, just see where it takes you, everyone does their own thing. Having a good ear with mixing is invaluable (you don't need expensive equipment).

If you want to build a fan base, just put your music out there....youtube, soundcloud, bandcamp, create a blog, twitter, there are plenty of avenues. The people will listen if it's good.

what type of equipment/software yall rolling with? im on maschine HEAVY----its really underrated IMO

As far as putting music out on youtube and soundcloud what do you guys do about copyrighting your work?

As far as putting music out on youtube and soundcloud what do you guys do about copyrighting your work?

there's only one way to copyright and thats just to actually do it... you can tag your **** if you like but that kinda takes away from it unless you're strictly trying to sell... i dont post beats online anymore but im not tryin to get known as a producer either...

Has anyone been in an iStandard Producer Showcase? I attended the one in LA this past April and will be in the one in St. Louis later this month and just wanted to get anyone's thoughts, tips and opinions on it? Also, to generate a fan buzz, get out of your comfort zone and reach out to artists in markets besides where you reside in and that definitely would help. Being local is cool, but it only can take you so far.

Back
Top Bottom