Nike Air Yeezy 2 Solar Red legit check- reps to be given out!

hey fam can i get a legit check on these please? I was told these belonged to an intern for a Nike exec, i guess he was well liked, and the guy offered him a retail pair for retail or a B grade pair for free. questionable whether this was allowed, i suppose, so they kinda threw a pair together for him. no lacelocks, no dust bag, no box, he lost two of the original lace tips, it has been B grade stamped on the (misaligned) size tag, and theres a misthread on the toe box of the left shoe... so as you can see theres not a whole lot going for this pair. kinda skeptical about this story, but if people can maybe give me a legit check on the pair itself and maybe validate or explain the story to me, i will try and rep people as long as i have reps available. thanks for the input all!

View media item 1203964
View media item 1203965
View media item 1203966
View media item 1203967
View media item 1203968
View media item 1203969
View media item 1203970
View media item 1203971
View media item 1203972

Hey whats up man.

I don't know who told you this story, but it seems too extreme to be true at all.  There are multiple flaws that I can find in his story.

-Interns don't often interact with executives of a company, especially a company as big as Nike

-Executives won't offer a free shoe, especially one of their most hyped up shoes ever, as reward for doing a good job.  Taking them  out to lunch sounds more believeable

-Even B grade shoes come with the accessories (ex: lacelocks, lacetips).  There is usually a cosmetic flaw, but it's not that bad.

Now onto the pics...

-Misaligned thread on toe box: this looks like poor craftsmanship to me

-Last pic: shows bad glue stains

-Third picture: in addition to the misaligned thread, it shows the suede shedding

-Pic with Size tag: Not only does the "B" written look suspect, but the Nike swoosh is bleeding onto the red part above the tag

My verdict: These are F grades, aka Fakes.  The combination of his ridiculous story and all these flaws on the shoe lead me to believe he is trying to pull a fast one on you.  Creative method he is using by making up a bogus story, but the intent is the same.  Stay away from these.

thank you gausswho gausswho that was a very informative reply. i figured it was too good to be true, but i dont know a ton about yeezys so i wanted to get it checked out here just in case. i appreciate the help

as far as the story, this is what i was told from him:

"They are b grades I was able to get through my friend who was a very well liked intern for a Nike executive. They said he could buy a real pair for retail from them or take a pair of b grades for free, so he did the latter and eventually sold them to me Unfortunately, it being so unofficial to do that, they were kind of sloppy about it. Like they didn't give him a box and they didn't come with lacelocks. But all that aside, they are authentic Just got home I can send you some pics in a minute. These particular shoes were B grades due to a misthreading on the toebox which is hardly noticeable and a misalignment of the size tag inside the shoe. It's shift up and off the white tag a tiny bit. But every pair at release needs to be perfect so those slightly imperfect ones find the market that way"

any of that make sense? or am i still veiwing these through rose colored lenses? im imagining a scenario where the guy pulled the kid aside and said what do you want? kid has no money, takes the B grade, exec calls in the favor, gets a pair with flaws puled from the line and has the B drawn on by whomever when they are sent over. that ridiculous to think?

Last edited:
100% fakes. Wrong toe box material, insole wrong texture, size label shouldn't have pink edging, overall shape is off.

as far as the story, this is what i was told from him:

"They are b grades I was able to get through my friend who was a very well liked intern for a Nike executive. They said he could buy a real pair for retail from them or take a pair of b grades for free, so he did the latter and eventually sold them to me Unfortunately, it being so unofficial to do that, they were kind of sloppy about it. Like they didn't give him a box and they didn't come with lacelocks. But all that aside, they are authentic Just got home I can send you some pics in a minute. These particular shoes were B grades due to a misthreading on the toebox which is hardly noticeable and a misalignment of the size tag inside the shoe. It's shift up and off the white tag a tiny bit. But every pair at release needs to be perfect so those slightly imperfect ones find the market that way"

any of that make sense? or am i still veiwing these through rose colored lenses? im imagining a scenario where the guy pulled the kid aside and said what do you want? kid has no money, takes the B grade, exec calls in the favor, gets a pair with flaws puled from the line and has the B drawn on by whomever when they are sent over. that ridiculous to think?
Lets dissect the story.  Basically, what this guy is claiming is that he had a friend who was a Nike intern.  His friend did such a wonderful job that a Nike executive offered him a pair of Yeezy's, either at retail price or a flawed version for free.  The friend chose the flawed version, and then sold them to the guy.  The guy noticed that the shoe had many imperfections and was missing key components, but this was because of the sloppy craftsmanship of the factory workers.  

Here's what I have to say:

-What intern consistently interacts with a high level executive?  Maybe in a small company that happens, but in a company as big as Nike who employs thousands of people, it's highly unlikely that you will ever see an executive in your short time with the company.

-I imagine that Nike is a company that doesn't give out internships easily.  This means that you need to know someone in order to get an internship with them.  I'm willing to bet that the interns at Nike are pretty well to do financially and aren't just some bums on the street.

-If this all were true, why would the executive offer the intern a flawed "B grade" pair of shoes?  They want to keep the prestige and values of the company, so they would offer them a regular pair of shoes that has passed quality inspection control.  

-I have seen B Grade shoes for sale and even considered buying some on eBay.  The B Grade shoes that I have seen, some of them I could not even tell why they were B Grade.  Oftentimes, the imperfections are little cosmetic things that you have to examine the shoe really closely in order to see.  In the pictures that are provided, it only takes a second to see that there are many things flawed about the shoe.

-What shoes don't come with a box?  Especially if you are receiving them from the company that made them?  Worst comes to worse, they would have given him a replacement box.

This guy's story is fishier than a Chinese supermarket.  Making up stories in order to try to con people into buying a pair of fake Yeezy's.  Shame on him.

i told him what you guys had said, and he goes, well sorry they misled you, good luck in your search :x :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom