NikeTown Restocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's keep it real, it's been slow for nike lately, they trying to make their quarterly. And with back to school approaching all these kids jump at the word "restock" and goin out and copping these gr's some of which sat for weeks or months

Not NikeTown, But the new Shoe Palace inside the Sherman Oaks Fashion Mall had some Retro in Various Sizes for my 818 So Cal People!

They also had some Teal and LB 4's and Black Infrared 6's

Not NikeTown, But the new Shoe Palace inside the Sherman Oaks Fashion Mall had some Retro in Various Sizes for my 818 So Cal People!

They also had some Teal and LB 4's and Black Infrared 6's
they do phone orders fam 
nerd.gif

yeah you did. If ANY store of a given corperation does phone orders. If the MAJORITY do phone orders, it baffles me how certain individuals can make up their own company policy. I mean, not to sound like a hypocrite considering I banned resellers from my store, but cmon now. It's literally crapping on a good customer.

Call them back and inform them that you called Nike corporate, they did A stock locate for you, and that they informed you to place a phone order with them. And if they deny, then actually call Nike corperate.

Reminds me of the time I located a rosherun for a customer and when I called the Finishline to have it transferred they flat out told me "no" like SON WHAT DO U MEAN NO?!?!?! this ISNT YOUR COMPANY!!!!! [emoji]128514[/emoji].
and glad to hear it, just making sure. Lmao @ Dream Threads.
How Do You Ban Resellers From Your store?

Oh
How Do You Ban Resellers From Your store?
you mean how did I? Easy. I went to every kick store in my mall, asked around who always enters raffles that are STRICTLY KNOWN RESELLERS. Mind you, these dudes cop kicks then stand around in footlocker here all day offering them to the walk in customers. Apparently Ftl condones this bs. But that's besides the point. So Come Columbia 4 raffle, after cross referencing all the resellers info to confirm them the disease to sneaker culture; I called them all. Then, come release morning, I called all their names, and lined them up 1 by 1. Informed them that they are known resellers and to keep things fair for everyone who shops at my store, I informed them that they can go after the actual winners claim their pairs.

They all protested. I laid down the law. Straight up "if this does not comply with you, feel free to file a customer complaint against me, but your business is, and will not be welcomed here any longer as you inconvienience my main customer base. And I told them that other stores will condone it. I won't.

I got a bad rap with my corperate office. But my dm got me out of the fire. Plus I'm a beast at my job. After that they just stopped coming altogether. Now they continue to pollute the Ftl, jimmy jazz, champs, and footaction in my mall. Oh well. Not my problem.

Last edited:
I usually don't comment on these types of post but wow, your reply was a bit much. The retailers, as well as Nike's direct to consumer channels main goal is to liquidate inventory. I know Finishline is a publicly traded company, so you are putting the company's shareholders at risk for not selling merchandise that could otherwise make the company a profit. I can see where you're coming from but tread lightly as I can see how a corporation might not see it the same way you do.

If a reseller puts in the work to enter a raffle and legitimately (without any funny business) wins the opportunity to buy a shoe, it should be sold to him or her. If said reseller was posted up inside or outside of your store trying to sell it to your customers for a mark up, that's soliciting and grounds for you to kick them to the curb. The thing retailers need to continue to do is to mark their receipts for retro launches "Final Sale" so the unscrupulous sellers who don't know what they're doing are stuck with the product. You're going to think i'm bias because I have a "reseller" site but I put a lot of effort and time into what I do. Like you, customer service is VERY important to us. /end rant

Sorry, back to the topic of the thread. I was in Chicago recently and was able to scoop up a personal pair of AJ3 Infrared's on this restock at Niketown Chicago. Such a dope shoe. The day after I left, they apparently restocked Black Infrared 6's... 
sick.gif
  I also think Nike.com or their warehouse in Memphis has been pushing out excess stock since the e-commerce site hasn't been releasing product. It'll be interesting to hear what Nike's Q1 earnings will look like since they haven't released Air Jordan Retro the entire quarter. I expect the stock to go down unless they had growth in other regions or product lines.

Oh
you mean how did I? Easy. I went to every kick store in my mall, asked around who always enters raffles that are STRICTLY KNOWN RESELLERS. Mind you, these dudes cop kicks then stand around in footlocker here all day offering them to the walk in customers. Apparently Ftl condones this bs. But that's besides the point. So Come Columbia 4 raffle, after cross referencing all the resellers info to confirm them the disease to sneaker culture; I called them all. Then, come release morning, I called all their names, and lined them up 1 by 1. Informed them that they are known resellers and to keep things fair for everyone who shops at my store, I informed them that they can go after the actual winners claim their pairs.

They all protested. I laid down the law. Straight up "if this does not comply with you, feel free to file a customer complaint against me, but your business is, and will not be welcomed here any longer as you inconvienience my main customer base. And I told them that other stores will condone it. I won't.

I got a bad rap with my corperate office. But my dm got me out of the fire. Plus I'm a beast at my job. After that they just stopped coming altogether. Now they continue to pollute the Ftl, jimmy jazz, champs, and footaction in my mall. Oh well. Not my problem.
Oh your that guy at the Mall!

I usually don't comment on these types of post but wow, your reply was a bit much. The retailers, as well as Nike's direct to consumer channels main goal is to liquidate inventory. I know Finishline is a publicly traded company, so you are putting the company's shareholders at risk for not selling merchandise that could otherwise make the company a profit. I can see where you're coming from but tread lightly as I can see how a corporation might not see it the same way you do.

If a reseller puts in the work to enter a raffle and legitimately (without any funny business) wins the opportunity to buy a shoe, it should be sold to him or her. If said reseller was posted up inside or outside of your store trying to sell it to your customers for a mark up, that's soliciting and grounds for you to kick them to the curb. The thing retailers need to continue to do is to mark their receipts for retro launches "Final Sale" so the unscrupulous sellers who don't know what they're doing are stuck with the product. You're going to think i'm bias because I have a "reseller" site but I put a lot of effort and time into what I do. Like you, customer service is VERY important to us. /end rant

Sorry, back to the topic of the thread. I was in Chicago recently and was able to scoop up a personal pair of AJ3 Infrared's on this restock at Niketown Chicago. Such a dope shoe. The day after I left, they apparently restocked Black Infrared 6's... :x   I also think Nike.com or their warehouse in Memphis has been pushing out excess stock since the e-commerce site hasn't been releasing product. It'll be interesting to hear what Nike's Q1 earnings will look like since they haven't released Air Jordan Retro the entire quarter. I expect the stock to go down unless they had growth in other regions or product lines.

I'm not going to disregard your point due to your site. But my area has a very tight sneaker community. And I've seen far too many kids below the age of 17 or even above it,who actually work hard, and save up for weeks at a time, leave my store with disappointed faces because of local resellers. And I had enough of it. The fact is that you resellers have plenty of options as to how to go about procuring your "merchandise". The fact is that my store WILL, and ALWAYS moves the product it needs to; even without your business.

And the fact is that I'm only 1 store in the world most likely that does this.

Someone has to take a stand for the community, and do it for the kids. The kids who on release day find out that sadly, 160 dollars for a pair of Chicago 1's for example ISNT enough. And that now they have to save up for 2-3 more months, or somehow talk their parents into paying some guy on the Internet 400+ dollars for a pair.

Regardless of how you may see my business practices as "unethical", the fact is, i'd rather be unethical than take away someone's happiness.

Post that on your website.

Last edited:
Just be careful not to alienate your reseller community because they are not ALL bad is all i'm trying to say. We have huge operating cost to run our site and are a tax paying business. I guess we're probably the exception and not the rule. The Chicago 1's is a Nike problem, not a reseller problem. I've missed plenty of shoes myself due to Nike making them limited and not meeting demand. Continue doing what you're doing if it's working out for you. No hate whatsoever. 
nthat.gif

Just be careful not to alienate your reseller community because they are not ALL bad is all i'm trying to say. We have huge operating cost to run our site and are a tax paying business. I guess we're probably the exception and not the rule. The Chicago 1's is a Nike problem, not a reseller problem. I've missed plenty of shoes myself due to Nike making them limited and not meeting demand. Continue doing what you're doing if it's working out for you. No hate whatsoever. :nthat:
Fair enough.

Oh

seems excessive, you're doing too much but fortunately I don't have to deal with something nonsense like that

thought id let yall know that footlocker currently has some retros on there online site including a 9 10 and 10.5 retro 7 cork and a 9.5 champagne

Last edited:
This segment has gotten out of hand, we are supposed to help each other out not talk about resellers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom