Now that there's only maybe 6 to go. What was the most disappointing thing about the playoffs?

SMH at people in here dissappointed by the cavs, thats what you all get for handing them the conference championship.

Where's that bracket that you kept posting about 17,000 times OP?
laugh.gif

But really I've not had too much of a gripe with this years playoffs aside from all the sweeps. We saw a potential young future juggernaut in OKC for the first time, the "old" Spurs and Celtics still showing they had something left, the dethroning of a King, and a rivalry renewed 2 years later. In all honesty, I know a lot of people wanted Cavs/Lakers in the Finals, but this just feels right, the last two champions going at it with the specter of 2008 still pretty fresh in most of their minds.

Celtics/Lakers can't get any better than that. Although if we lose AGAIN to these guys, I don't know what I'll do.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif
i know dude even posted it in our season thread...funny he hasnt been back since

Celtics/Lakers can't get any better than that. Although if we lose AGAIN to these guys, I don't know what I'll do.
  i predicted a rematch of 08 in the start of the season being that kg was healthy again and i didnt see anyone in the east beating them...id probably go cry like i did in '84 when i was a young'n...my first sports heartbreak
frown.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

The worst part is that it is predictable who is going to be in the Finals. All year we have been saying Lakers, Celtics, Cavs etc...

when are we going to see that amazing 7 game finals between 2 teams that really want to be there and have never won.

Mavs, Thunder, Hawks, Magic, Nuggets

SMH

NCAA > NBA

If the NBA kept the 5 game format, you'd see it. But you'll NEVER see it in a 7 game series.

Originally Posted by JPZx

These playoffs weren't even boring. People just complain to complain.
smh.gif

I know. Every series was watchable and all 16 teams competed. 

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

laugh.gif

But really I've not had too much of a gripe with this years playoffs aside from all the sweeps. We saw a potential young future juggernaut in OKC for the first time, the "old" Spurs and Celtics still showing they had something left, the dethroning of a King, and a rivalry renewed 2 years later. In all honesty, I know a lot of people wanted Cavs/Lakers in the Finals, but this just feels right, the last two champions going at it with the specter of 2008 still pretty fresh in most of their minds.

laugh.gif
 Yeah, I kinda toilet papered S&T. It was like the a day before Game 1 and I was on some hurry up and join !%%%. Got like 40 quick, but damn near everyone took Ls on Cleveland.
smh.gif

This was just a weird year. I can't remember seeing so many teams and stars just give up in one playoff. It just made it feel like it was still regular season.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by JPZx

These playoffs weren't even boring. People just complain to complain.
smh.gif

I know. Every series was watchable and all 16 15 teams except the Hawks competed. 
Fixed. Them dudes didn't even show up in the 2nd round.

Originally Posted by AG 47

The worst part is that it is predictable who is going to be in the Finals. All year we have been saying Lakers, Celtics, Cavs etc...

when are we going to see that amazing 7 game finals between 2 teams that really want to be there and have never won.

SMH

NCAA > NBA

If the NBA kept the 5 game format, you'd see it. But you'll NEVER see it in a 7 game series.
You'll never see it period. Since 1984 only 7 teams have won the finals. 7 teams in 26 years means that the league
holds EVERY small market team down.

MLB = 17 teams

NFL = 15 teams

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Originally Posted by AG 47

SMH

NCAA > NBA

You'll never see it period. Since 1984 only 7 teams have won the finals. 7 teams in 26 years means that the league
holds EVERY small market team down.

MLB = 17 teams

NFL = 15 teams
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

That's pretty damn pathetic when you really look at it.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

^
--Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Rockets, Spurs and Heat.
--Aside from this year, I can see a couple more teams being added to that list in the next 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom