Nt'ers who don't have or claim their parents. How do you handle the special days?

Anybody care to share some stories or insight on their situation? For myself, my parents have been deceased the majority of my life. The special days and holidays would be terrible when I was younger, but now it's been so long I don't even feel anything anymore
tired.gif

Anybody care to share some stories or insight on their situation? For myself, my parents have been deceased the majority of my life. The special days and holidays would be terrible when I was younger, but now it's been so long I don't even feel anything anymore
tired.gif

The only thing that makes it harder is the heavy reminders of dads and fathers day, for me at least. I remember my father everyday in various ways, so a single day doesn't weigh me down as much. Christmas, however, is usually more difficult than fathers day.

The only thing that makes it harder is the heavy reminders of dads and fathers day, for me at least. I remember my father everyday in various ways, so a single day doesn't weigh me down as much. Christmas, however, is usually more difficult than fathers day.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Did he pass away or just hasn't been there?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Did he pass away or just hasn't been there?

Passed away, so I'm thankful he was at least around until I was 14, that's more than a lot of people get.

Passed away, so I'm thankful he was at least around until I was 14, that's more than a lot of people get.

Back
Top Bottom