OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Word of advice, don't look at the footage of the horrible injury in the Fulham - Sheffield match :sick: :sick: :sick:
One of the worst I've seen in recent memory. His foot is facing 90 degrees to the left. It's so bad that it's almost facing backwards.

Levels of euphoria not seen at OT since Ole scored the winner against Bayern. 🤩
-SktCATq.jpg

i actually think it’s an unfair assessment on fran garcia. he hasn’t been great defensively but that’s a common problem with the diamond midfield. it leaves the flanks very isolated and crowds the middle. if you look at this lineup, who is there to cover him if he makes a run forward? modric? that’s not cover and camavinga isn’t really a defensive midfielder and touchameni isn’t defensive minded either when he was playing the pivot.
it’s not an easy task for any defender.

I agree with that being a glaring weakness of the diamond. That season Marcelo was washed and we were still using the diamond was brutal.

That said I think Fran’s gotta be wiser about when to completely abandon home as the furthest player up the pitch and take more calculated moves forward. Camavinga shines here in comparison. He’s more methodical about going upfield, and sometimes if he isn’t completely back is just halfway up, supporting the midfield and able to recover and stop a counter if the ball is lost. Thankfully it’s something that can be learned by Fran, even if it goes against his natural tendency.

Back
Top Bottom