Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The NBA has always had a “star driven” casual audience.

It’s one of the things I always hated about it.

Like we all know those types of dudes who were NY sports fans UNTIL it came to the the NBA.
That's a genuine statement. I'm thrilled that my son has developed an interest in basketball. Although he's started picking up the game late, he's progressing rapidly. During the weekend, while spending time with cousins and friends, he expressed, "My favorite player is DiVincenzo. He plays the game hard, always hustling and doing the dirty work. He has a nice shot, and he prioritizes the team over personal stats." I admire the way he approaches the game. It's a proud moment for me. Interestingly, everyone else was discussing Luka, Ja, and Melo for reference.

You know you're getting straight bodied when a player's son is chilling on the bench

1706237363709.png

I don't generally like or agree with Perk's takes but I respect him carrying water for Brunson & the team.

Every national segment about the Knicks is about how they can't compete with Boston, what Brunson isn't, or Randle's bad playoffs. I think pretty much everyone knows how good JB is by now but do people realize he's scoring nearly 27 a night on 48/42 splits? Highlighting things like that matters when it comes to splitting a tie to start the All Star game.

I don't generally like or agree with Perk's takes but I respect him carrying water for Brunson & the team.

Every national segment about the Knicks is about how they can't compete with Boston, what Brunson isn't, or Randle's bad playoffs. I think pretty much everyone knows how good JB is by now but do people realize he's scoring nearly 27 a night on 48/42 splits? Highlighting things like that matters when it comes to splitting a tie to start the All Star game.
That's the talking heads that are discrediting the Knicks and Brunson, but their peers in the league notice how good they have become.

the celtics, sixers and bucks are the teams to beat in the playoffs... we have to beat one or more of those teams to finally change that narrative and get respect... I think we do get respect to an extent but the media doesnt think we are a championship contender like those other 3 teams...

the celtics, sixers and bucks are the teams to beat in the playoffs... we have to beat one or more of those teams to finally change that narrative and get respect... I think we do get respect to an extent but the media doesnt think we are a championship contender like those other 3 teams...
Only confident in beating the Sixers. Bucks and Celtics are gonna be roughhhh.

i gotta admit, i really didnt really understand how physically gifted anunoby was when they got him three weeks ago. he's a really large human being (pause). saw a vid last week of him and rj standing alongside one another and rj looked tiny

knew he was good on defense, but his offensive game is :emoji_eyes:. we got a two for one in him

huge game tomorrow. miami on a skid lately. hope ihart can return

Back
Top Bottom