Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Idk how the roster construction with Gobert affects KAT, but he's having a horrible year too. I watched a game of theirs earlier this year, Knick fans would turn against him too. Soft player.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 10.16.03 AM.png

^ kat is a top 20 player in the league... you put him with brunson and rj and thats a legit big three...regardless of you how view kat he would be a big upgrade over randle... its just the contract is what people second guess him...

on anthoer note the kith collab is not bad.. I kinda want that jeff hamilton leather but I need to keep my priorities straight and will pass lol... but might just cop a mitch jersey instead... sucks its out of stock in my size so have to customize it...

KAT is definitely not a top 20 player. Right now he’s probably the 3rd best player on his own team.

And if you swapped him for Julius he’d arguably be the 4th best player on our team right now.

Last edited:
To say KAT is a big upgrade over Julius is crazy and to give Minny picks and Julius to get him is even crazier. KAT might barely be a top 50 player right now.

Despite my complaints about Randle, as mentioned earlier, I wouldn't swap him for Kat. It's not an improvement, and it comes with a higher cost. Additionally, if more talented players aren't succeeding with Kat, a similar outcome is likely here, even considering the weaker competition in the East.

^everybody has their own opinion... so cant argue with that... if his contract was similar to randle I think people would think differently of KAT... but thats fine if you dont like kat... if we had to trade randle today who would you trade him for? and dont say embiid because you know thats not realistic lol... I wouldnt mind siakam for randle

I wouldnt do it strictly because of the KAT + Mitch fit

KAT needs to be the 5 for him to produce offensively with no limits

^everybody has their own opinion... so cant argue with that... if his contract was similar to randle I think people would think differently of KAT... but thats fine if you dont like kat... if we had to trade randle today who would you trade him for? and dont say embiid because you know thats not realistic lol... I wouldnt mind siakam for randle
It’s not really opinions, its Facts about KAT.

IF their contracts were identical, then I’d consider it as long as it’s a straight up swap.

KAT is a better shooter and hopefully has a much better attitude, so those two factors alone would be enough for me to pull the trigger.

If he can be a good teammate and put up 18 and 10, I’m cool with it.

And he stays that way by peddling hype like all the rest of them dudes.

What did he even say? That the Knicks are trying to get a superstar? lol

Isn't every team in the league?

I'm tired of this constant chasing ghosts we do as a fan base because the NY media market is so lucrative, something salacious has to be going on every week.

I just want to enjoy watching my team play basketball for a good 3 seasons in a row at least. We deserve that as fans

I actually like our roster minus Randle. If we trade him for a better fit and keep our depth, I def think we can make a run to the ECF.

Son put up a lot of empty numbers on bad teams, (aside from the Thibs season) remember someone has to score and rebound and he’s become less durable with a crazy contract for someone who wouldn’t even be a number 2 option on most competitive teams

Minny has moved on from KAT with AE…Kat wants out

But it’s clear yall don’t know how good he actually is AND wants to play for us.

im not a huge KAT fan, but i agree, i think he’s a great talent and has elite skills for a big man.

Ant Edwards being so good has forced KAT to have to fall back. He’s just not as good as Ant and im sure the franchise has made it clear it Ant’s team now. And if they haven’t, Ant has.

Add Gobert into the equation and now the space that he was used to when he was producing big numbers is not there anymore.

I will concede that his numbers may have been inflated because he was on those bad teams, but to just blindly ignore the actual abilities he has is crazy to me. He balled out for DR this summer.

I believe he needs a fresh start and people would talk about him differently. Now, im not saying i want him to get that chance here, because it would cost us more than im comfortable with, but to throw him in the 3rd option, Tobias Harris, role player tier is a little aggressive to me lol.

If contracts weren’t part of the negotiations, I would jump on a Randle for KAT swap, just to get that energy away from the team.

besides Kat contract the only bad thing about him is durability... if you were to compare him with randle then randle is more reliable because he rarely misses games... hopefully that ankle holds up though

i'm not gonna act like a hypocrite over rj's obvious improvement, but i'm very glad it's happening

knicks currently dead last in nba half court offense so far while brunson, julius and grimes haven't played up to their abilities and yet 4-4. last two games were monster and i expect more of that going forward

im not a huge KAT fan, but i agree, i think he’s a great talent and has elite skills for a big man.

Ant Edwards being so good has forced KAT to have to fall back. He’s just not as good as Ant and im sure the franchise has made it clear it Ant’s team now. And if they haven’t, Ant has.

Add Gobert into the equation and now the space that he was used to when he was producing big numbers is not there anymore.

I will concede that his numbers may have been inflated because he was on those bad teams, but to just blindly ignore the actual abilities he has is crazy to me. He balled out for DR this summer.

I believe he needs a fresh start and people would talk about him differently. Now, im not saying i want him to get that chance here, because it would cost us more than im comfortable with, but to throw him in the 3rd option, Tobias Harris, role player tier is a little aggressive to me lol.

If contracts weren’t part of the negotiations, I would jump on a Randle for KAT swap, just to get that energy away from the team.
He’s definitely trending in the Tobias Harris tier on a competitive team, wouldn’t quite pencil him in that tier yet but he’s headed that way. What championship contender would he be a 2nd option on? We aren’t championship contenders yet and it be debatable that he’d be the 3rd best player on our team. He’d be the 3rd option on a majority of playoff teams. **** he might be the 3rd option on the Kings, OKC and Pels. I do agree if contracts were comparable I’d be tempted to swap him with Randle straight up.

Back
Top Bottom