Official TMNT thread, 1990 Technodrome being re-released

[COLOR=#red]I'm gonna get the bus through Amazon for my son for Christmas... but we all know who it's really for. killin two birds.[/COLOR]

what is you guys' fav. ninja turtle episode? it can be from any turtles season, nickelodeon, and other ninja turtle episodes..

this is def. mine

it shows how bad ***** Leonardo really is...

Last edited:
the first five episodes of original ninja turtles....i remember watching them on vhs tapes in school when i was in first grade :smokin

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans nearly crawled back into their shells this summer when various film blogs began to rumble that the new Michael Bay-produced TMNT film was halting production.

But TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman doesn’t think the foursome's new film will be dead in the water.

“All the intentions are in the right place,” he said. “I couldn’t be happier to be a part of it. I think it’s going to be a fantastic film.”

Eastman acknowledged the project has changed significantly since it began three years ago, but said it's heading in an interesting direction.

“Three years ago, I started working on the John Fusco version, which was this awesome, awesome, awesome ‘Batman Begins’ kind of take on the first movie. It was really interesting, but it was maybe a little too edgy for what Paramount wanted. It went through a couple of different versions before Michael Bay took it over and brought in Jonathan Liebesman (‘Wrath of the Titans,’ ‘Battle Los Angeles’) to direct.”

With a focus on fighting scenes and special effects, Eastman says Liebesman’s approach will capture the essence of the ‘80s pop culture phenomenon. Eastman also said that when Liebesman took on the project, he thought that the production schedule was far too short, that more time was needed to do it right.

“Jonathan Liebesman is going to make a great film,” he said. “From what I’ve seen of the script, it’s fantastic. Michael Bay has made some great and intense movies. We’re talking about being inspired by movies like ‘The Avengers’ for scope and roots origin and ‘The Raid: Redemption’ for fight scenes and ‘Rise for the Apes’ as far as computer-quality style.”

Eastman explains why fanboys shouldn't be concerned:
I like to answer this by basically telling the fans first and foremost not to worry, this will be a great TMNT film. Much like many thirty year old concepts, the TMNT's have been re-invented a number of times, some were stronger than others, but if you look at what Viacom/Nickelodeon has done/allowed to happen with the new TMNT animated TV series, and the new IDW comic series, each has a slightly new and refreshed take on the "core concept," the new film will be the same, a film "well placed" in the TMNT lore the fans will enjoy. If we learned nothing else from one of my favorite "Comic Book Based Films, "The Avengers," that there's a lot to be said about never forgetting that core concept and core fan-base.

Last edited:
^ yeah the nick episodes are cool. better than i thought anyway...

you seem like a real fan. you up on the dawn of the ninja project? it was almost like theyd answered my prayers. I'd been waitin for an adult spin for ninja turtles for the longest...

been catching up on the nick episodes.... I really like this show...good stuff

link to eps? i missed one... and i'm looking forward to this mornings ep

^ yeah the nick episodes are cool. better than i thought anyway...
you seem like a real fan. you up on the dawn of the ninja project? it was almost like theyd answered my prayers. I'd been waitin for an adult spin for ninja turtles for the longest...

repped for putting me on this!

repped for putting me on this!

lol joint is the truth right?!

artwork is sick, story is on point, and its got a dark feel to it.

read somewhere they were tryna make a movie of the comic. would LOVE to see that happen...

also, anyone kno if theyre makin fully articulated ninja turtle figures? need one of raph...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom