• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
More like a joke because we trolled each

The thing is, if MS stops making Xboxes, this argument goes away.

MS could buy whomever they want since they are no longer a 1st party.

Also, Sony will have the market all to itself to squeeze developers, and consumers so they can make a larger profit.

I wouldn’t want that either. We see how **** madden has been since their monopoly control. It’s as the joke goes about their developers. They copy and paste year to year. While charge the same for less features.

I wouldn’t want that either. We see how **** madden has been since their monopoly control. It’s as the joke goes about their developers. They copy and paste year to year. While charge the same for less features.
If no Xbox, this is going to be the PS6 marketing. :lol:

The next God of War game finna be a Telltale-style game with Kratos at family therapy

If no Xbox, this is going to be the PS6 marketing. :lol:

The next God of War game finna be a Telltale-style game with Kratos at family therapy

Yep. I mean I’ve diversified as I play more PC games now. But I don’t even play games like that anymore. I’ll play a big game like a GoW or a new Horizon or FF16. But like outside of that I don’t bother.

But I mean Microsoft has no one to blame for their struggle than themselves. They built a massive lead and developer goodwill with the 360 because it was easier to work with. And then they flopped in the next gen. I really don’t get it.

I think of Microsoft doing 3rd party as they do with Windows. I've had Sony, Samsung, and now finally Microsoft laptops. Windows has been on all them. I easily can see Microsoft still making Xbox's, as the whole reason they went with the name Series S/X was to help them eliminate the idea of dropping new hardware per generation.

To give a better example, MS Office Suite is on Apple devices. Why wouldn't they take that same approach to PlayStation?

Yep. I mean I’ve diversified as I play more PC games now. But I don’t even play games like that anymore. I’ll play a big game like a GoW or a new Horizon or FF16. But like outside of that I don’t bother.

One of the reasons I want Intel GPU to take off is that I hate how much market power Nvidia has in the GPU market.

I'm hoping AMD can use all that AI money that will come flooding in to improve too.

I even root for the Epic Game store because I think it is a bad idea for Valve to be so dominant in the PC marketplace

But I mean Microsoft has no one to blame for their struggle than themselves. They built a massive lead and developer goodwill with the 360 because it was easier to work with. And then they flopped in the next gen. I really don’t get it.

There is a name for this type of business mistake but I forgot it.

I think MS was right about where the market was heading. But instead of positioning themselves for the future, they stupidly tried to force gamers into it. Being within a big company is a gift and a curse for Xbox. Because short-term profits undermine the positive stuff.

So... anyone else playing Persona 3 here? I am loving it! What's crazy is that I am a pretty big SMT fan... I own every version of P3, and I bought both of the PS2 versions at launch, but NEVER got into it. Honestly the first Persona game I actually beat was 5, then 4... but I have owned almost all of them since launch excluding the PS1 games, which I bought during that generation, but not at launch.

I have always loved Kazuma Kaneko's artwork, that's what got me into SMT in the first place... but in the past I preferred the mainline SMT games over the Persona series. Anyway, I am really enjoying P3R. I don't think I can ever go back to playing the old games on anything that's not a modern console/PC because that solid state drive make a huge difference in a game like this where you are always going from what part of the game to another.

The only issue I have with the series, which isn't an issue for this game since it's what started the trend for all the modern Persona games, is that all of the characters in each game are basically the same. Yes, they all have different names and look completely different and all that, but each game almost follows the exact same formula. Anyway if you are into JRPGs or anime and have game pass then check it out... at the rate I am going I should have this beat by the end of the week, which is amazing... guess being unemployed rn helps. Lol

Also, I love game pass. I would have happily spent $70 on this game (even though it should have been $60), but there was no way I was paying $200 for the CE, which is crazy because I own almost every LE SMT game that has been released in NA. I am hopping the CE sits and makes it to $100 or close, and it will be added to the collection.... but it is great being able to play this game on any of my set-ups thanks to GP. Runs great on PC (as it should) and looks great too!

So... anyone else playing Persona 3 here? I am loving it! What's crazy is that I am a pretty big SMT fan... I own every version of P3, and I bought both of the PS2 versions at launch, but NEVER got into it. Honestly the first Persona game I actually beat was 5, then 4... but I have owned almost all of them since launch excluding the PS1 games, which I bought during that generation, but not at launch.

I have always loved Kazuma Kaneko's artwork, that's what got me into SMT in the first place... but in the past I preferred the mainline SMT games over the Persona series. Anyway, I am really enjoying P3R. I don't think I can ever go back to playing the old games on anything that's not a modern console/PC because that solid state drive make a huge difference in a game like this where you are always going from what part of the game to another.

The only issue I have with the series, which isn't an issue for this game since it's what started the trend for all the modern Persona games, is that all of the characters in each game are basically the same. Yes, they all have different names and look completely different and all that, but each game almost follows the exact same formula. Anyway if you are into JRPGs or anime and have game pass then check it out... at the rate I am going I should have this beat by the end of the week, which is amazing... guess being unemployed rn helps. Lol

Also, I love game pass. I would have happily spent $70 on this game (even though it should have been $60), but there was no way I was paying $200 for the CE, which is crazy because I own almost every LE SMT game that has been released in NA. I am hopping the CE sits and makes it to $100 or close, and it will be added to the collection.... but it is great being able to play this game on any of my set-ups thanks to GP. Runs great on PC (as it should) and looks great too!
I’m playing Persona 3 Reload and having a blast with it. Would’ve been playing it right now but my puppy broke her arm in two places so now we’re waiting in the ER for her to get bandaged up.

I agree with everything you said with GamePass, because I wouldn’t have bought this game day one. I don’t have $70 to drop on games frivolously, but this day one is definitely the best I’ve seen in my less than a year in the Xbox ecosystem. Really makes me cheer MS in the game market because GamePass is really is the best deal in gaming.

I'm not sure if there are any FF XIV players in here but I just read that when the retail version hits Xbox, it will require a Xbox Core/Live sub. I thought Xbox did away with that requirement years ago. All these years they spent trying to get the game to Xbox and then bring this back, why?

Yes, interesting to see all the people online who were so concerned about a Microsoft monopoly celebrating the prospect of Sony having more market power.

Surely a company like Sony, which has a reputation for squeezing their customers' pockets, and who is very concerned about long-term profitability, would never take advantage of that situation by upping prices.

Ain't that right biggie62 biggie62

But this would be a self inflicted wound by MS. Actually backing up that these companies should not be buying major publishers. This is way too soon to the acquisition for this kind of knee jerk reaction imo. Or maybe this is part of the financial plan to go all digital - they know subscriptions will stagnate so the only way to go digital and maintain the physical margin is to let Nintendo and Sony make it up. Plus it’s all rumors at this point. It will determine e the future of the industry if true. Maybe not how MS envisioned it though.

Whatever happen to that fire stick like usb dongle Microsoft was working on for gamepass? Would be really useful when traveling in hotels.

But this would be a self inflicted wound by MS. Actually backing up that these companies should not be buying major publishers. This is way too soon to the acquisition for this kind of knee jerk reaction imo. Or maybe this is part of the financial plan to go all digital - they know subscriptions will stagnate so the only way to go digital and maintain the physical margin is to let Nintendo and Sony make it up. Plus it’s all rumors at this point. It will determine e the future of the industry if true. Maybe not how MS envisioned it though.
This doesn't make sense, but ok.

Whatever happen to that fire stick like usb dongle Microsoft was working on for gamepass? Would be really useful when traveling in hotels.
Phil said they were developing in.

For them to get what they wanted out of it, it turned into a mini streaming box

They realized it would cost to much at retail for it to be a profitable endeavor, so the scraped the release

Seems like Apple's decision regarding game streaming really ****ed up their streaming plans anyway.

This doesn't make sense, but ok.
What I mean is. If the ABK ROI is the driver for the rumored decision, then in essence the ABK deal broke the Xbox model. And if the over-reaction of some to come true and this means MS goes 3rd party then these monopolies are not good for the industry as a whole if it can tank a console company.

I’m not a fan of MS or Sony buying publishers. And I’m still not believing the overreaction at this point. There is something missing. Maybe timed exclusive or old catalog items or some combo or the ability to recoup cost to return a profit. Who knows. Just enough to offset GP.

What I mean is. If the ABK ROI is the driver for the rumored decision, then in essence the ABK deal broke the Xbox model.
I think the slowing console sales, mixed with increasing development cost would be a larger concern.

Like Activision Blizzard games were already gonna stay multiplatform. It is Bethesda and Xbox Studios games that are being ported.

So that tells me the issues go beyond a knee jerk reaction.

Gaming brings in Windows operating system level money, but has way smaller margins. At some point the CFO would have an issue with that. Given how MS is moving these days in all areas.

And if the over-reaction of some to come true and this means MS goes 3rd party then these monopolies are not good for the industry as a whole if it can tank a console company.

This makes no sense.

What Monopoly?

Surely you can't be talking about Microsoft/Xbox

They never got close to being a monopoly or have monopolistic power. Monopoly just doesn't just mean "big". It means market power.

Xbox even if they made COD exclusive it probably would not have given them monopolistic market power.

I’m not a fan of MS or Sony buying publishers. And I’m still not believing the overreaction at this point. There is something missing. Maybe timed exclusive or old catalog items or some combo or the ability to recoup cost to return a profit. Who knows. Just enough to offset GP.
You can not be a fan of them buying large publishers

That is fine

But these arguments don't really hold up.

If Microsoft does go third party then Sony will have monopolistic power without having to buy a damn thing. It probably would have been better from a competitive standpoint to let MS buy Activision without all the stipulations.

Like I said when it was happening. People thought they were arguing against monopoly's when in reality they were arguing in favor of Sony maintaining their market power.

Market power they have routinely used to hurt Xbox and squeeze consumers.

Last edited:
I get you. I’m not a finances guy. I’m speculating like everyone else.

Monopoly was a misuse of term. I was trying to highlight that they took control of a substantial portion of the big name AAA market. So speculating again if the ABK deal was the reason, then it demonstrates allowing the console makers to absorb publishers is bad for the industry.

If the MS powers that be have some master plan then more power to them.

I don’t want to Sony to be a monopoly either. It would be actually worse because as you implied all Sony would have to do is say they won’t play ball and that will ruin the industry even more.

Point being - consolidation is bad.

I get you. I’m not a finances guy. I’m speculating like everyone else.

Monopoly was a misuse of term. I was trying to highlight that they took control of a substantial portion of the big name AAA market. So speculating again if the ABK deal was the reason, then it demonstrates allowing the console makers to absorb publishers is bad for the industry.

If the MS powers that be have some master plan then more power to them.

I don’t want to Sony to be a monopoly either. It would be actually worse because as you implied all Sony would have to do is say they won’t play ball and that will ruin the industry even more.

Point being - consolidation is bad.
It is fine to feel that way

My point is monopolies are bad.

And if consolidation prevents one firm from gaining monopoly power, then that would be good.

IMG_0168.jpeg

Why they keep teasin the titanfall fans

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

Back
Top Bottom