Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” no longer his final film

One of my favorite QT movies. It's different than the recent ones for sure.

I hear a lot of people saying this is one of the worst QT flicks, I`m still going to see it since I got my tickets to the 70mm showing, and I would assume that will amplify the experience opposed to those watching it on bootleg.

I can see why people don't like it. It's simply a dialogue driven film..very different from anything he's done before.

And I think the trailer and hype was very misleading. I came in expected a Django/IB type film I guess..

Last edited:
Is sam jackson the only black person in this movie? I rarely go to the movies anymore but I'll try to make an effort to watch this.

It appears he is which makes it hilarious if in fact they do use the N word more than they did in Django

Is sam jackson the only black person in this movie? I rarely go to the movies anymore but I'll try to make an effort to watch this.

No, he isn't.

Movie was ok. Wasn't "great", but was entertaining at various points. Didn't leave a lasting effect on me at all. I remember the feeling I got after watching Django...and the atmosphere in the movie theatre...didn't get that feeling of excitement.

^^^That sucks to hear because I thought Django was meh compared to Inglorious Bastards. I had high hopes for this movie but looks like I'll wait to see this at home.

To those who has seen it and may have heard/read the leaked script, is it the same or pretty different?

Curious if Tarantino changed anything from the OG script that leaked and if that is the reason the film may not be as good?

^^^That sucks to hear because I thought Django was meh compared to Inglorious Bastards. I had high hopes for this movie but looks like I'll wait to see this at home.

Lol he needs to go ahead and drop Kill Bill 3 because his quality has been dropping ever sense. IB was good but that and Django arent movies i ever have the desire of seeing again unlike his prior movies where you can watch them many times and not get tired.

One way I can put this film is that it is one long dragged out scene..like..think about the pub scene in IB, it's like that but for 2 1/2 hours long where everybody is trying to figure one another out.

A lot of people will find it boring/wack but I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
To those who has seen it and may have heard/read the leaked script, is it the same or pretty different?

Curious if Tarantino changed anything from the OG script that leaked and if that is the reason the film may not be as good
Yes, it's been changed from the OG script.

And no, SLJ is not the only black man in the film. He is one of the major, it not the most crucial character in the film.

One way I can put this film is that it is one long dragged out scene..like..think about the pub scene in IB, it's like that but for 2 1/2 hours long where everybody is trying to figure one another out.

A lot of people will find it boring/wack but I enjoyed it.
That was one of the best scenes in IB. People just want all out violence and avengers BS
mean.gif

There was PLENTY of violence to go around in this movie
laugh.gif

I can imagine the feminist now.....
laugh.gif
I would say most of not all were justified violence.

Not like that shootout at the end of Jango, or the theater massacre in IB, or Crazy 88 scenes.

Lol he needs to go ahead and drop Kill Bill 3 because his quality has been dropping ever sense. IB was good but that and Django arent movies i ever have the desire of seeing again unlike his prior movies where you can watch them many times and not get tired.

Every time I look for news of him possibly making Kill Bill 3, I see articles saying different things. Sometimes he says he wants to make it and other info says it's not in his plans or it can't be done. It's a movie I really want to see get made.

Don't trust Tarantino to make any film until he actually starts filming it. He's talked about a bunch of movies he's wanted to make but hasn't

After Seeing Sam L in ChiRaq me and my girl talked about how dope it would be if QT did some kind of Dolomite-esque Blaxploitation Flick, even could tie in taking out Corrupt Cops as the icing on the cake.

Every time I look for news of him possibly making Kill Bill 3, I see articles saying different things. Sometimes he says he wants to make it and other info says it's not in his plans or it can't be done. It's a movie I really want to see get made.

I wish he did the Vega Brother's vid but he said in an interview that they are too old for them to do it since it's supposed to be a prequel before Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs

tumblr_najfcgKxGy1qkasyuo1_500.jpg

After Seeing Sam L in ChiRaq me and my girl talked about how dope it would be if QT did some kind of Dolomite-esque Blaxploitation Flick, even could tie in taking out Corrupt Cops as the icing on the cake.
He did already, it's called Jackie Brown. He said he's done with Blaxplotation films already.

Rarely disappointed in a QT movie. Looking forward to seeing this

Back
Top Bottom