Question about the resale cost of the Air Jordan 1 OG Chicago 'Lost and Found'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! New to the forum and first time post. Being that I'm interested in getting my hands on a pair of Air Jordan 1 2022 Chicago "Lost & Found"'s, I'm trying to understand the reasoning in how a fairly new shoe (although a special edition) that retails from Nike for $180 can so quickly go to $300 and up (roughly $450 in my case at 11 1/2") simply boggles the mind. Can anyone better help educate me as to why this is the case? I mean hell, Nike just sold off a restock of the November 2022 shoe in April and it's till going for roughly three times the market price? Is it simply the market and folks aren't hesitating to get ripped off so much from resellers because they want this shoe so bad, so the ridiculous asking price remains as such?

Chicago 1 is a highly coveted shoe. Add to that the 2015 pair wasn’t easy to purchase for some and this is a cheaper option.

Chicago 1 is a highly coveted shoe. Add to that the 2015 pair wasn’t easy to purchase for some and this is a cheaper option.

I completely get it's a highly coveted shoe. So, in other words, it's the market and the only way I will ever be able to get a pair of these shoes for retail is if/when Nike does another restock dump, I'd better be one of the firsts to get on there and get some before the resale vultures swoop in and buy up a bunch, only to turn around and mark them up three times the retail price on sites like StockX, Ebay and GOAT.

Yes… you’ll have a better chance at retail when they do the ‘85 version (whenever that will be). If another restock occurs it’ll be tough. I suggest downloading j23 or another sneaker app to get an alert. By the time you get the Nike alert it’s too late. But good luck to you.

Yes… you’ll have a better chance at retail when they do the ‘85 version (whenever that will be). If another restock occurs it’ll be tough. I suggest downloading j23 or another sneaker app to get an alert. By the time you get the Nike alert it’s too late. But good luck to you.

Thanks and done on getting the J23 app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom