Question for serious runners/marathon runners in the socal area?

Is there a website with info on annual/yearly marathons that take place in or around the SoCal area (LA/SD)???

Not really looking for something crazy, just something simple like a 10k. But I'd be willing to run something around 12-10 miles tho.

www.active.com

It's not just for SoCal, I believe it is nationwide. I believe it is one of the bigger, if not biggest sites for the active community. You can find tonsof information for running, cycling, tri's, etc... A lot of the races also allow you to pay and register online for events through your active.comaccount.

I just got into running at the beginning of the year in an attempt to lose some weight before my wedding. Prior to this year I never ran/jogged more than 3miles without stopping to walk (because im a fat *%@), so it was very fulfilling to be able to complete a race, even a short one. I've only done 2 racesso far, a 10K and a half marathon. I need to start training again so I can try and get a full marathon under my belt atleast once.

Where do you usually run at?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Where do you usually run at?

I'm not from SoCal. But I usually run the 5mile trail by my local state park (which may be closing in the fall
smh.gif
)

Anyways, I want to plan a future road trip to SoCal maybe next spring. Just wanted to do something different than my previous trips down south.

Also, what would you consider a good running season for your guys? (spring or fall, i'm guessing summer is waay too hot)

But yeah, thanks for the info. appreciated
pimp.gif

Also, what would you consider a good running season for your guys? (spring or fall, i'm guessing summer is waay too hot)
Pretty much year long.
laugh.gif
The only days I don't run is when it rains. It doesn't get too cold here, just layer with some heat gearand you're good to go.

Originally Posted by wj4

Pretty much year long.
laugh.gif
The only days I don't run is when it rains. It doesn't get too cold here, just layer with some heat gear and you're good to go.

Gotta agree although personally I prefer to run in the late winter/early spring. I'm not a big fan of heat and warmer temperatures. Furthermore (probablymore info than you asked for), when its hot out and I am running longer distances, I have a tendency to chafe more and burning nipples is not a good look.

Back
Top Bottom