rap fans: USA vs UK/Europe

didn't see the interview, but it's crazy how some of the festivals over there are all backpack type cats...for instance, peep this fest. HUGE crowd too...

headliner2011.jpg

I studied abroad in Italy last semester and to be honest I didn't really meet anyone I could call a "Hip-Hop" head or smthin so I might not have a good basis to say this, but it seemed like they really just liked all the most popular club/pop/rap songs from the radio a little bit behind, and its real difficult for them to understand/catch all the words for rap.

Fans in other countries definitely appreciate Hip Hop more than fans here do.
When I say Hip Hop i'm not talking about rap though... i'm talking about ALL the elements that = Hip Hop.

Originally Posted by thejrob

I studied abroad in Italy last semester and to be honest I didn't really meet anyone I could call a "Hip-Hop" head or smthin so I might not have a good basis to say this, but it seemed like they really just liked all the most popular club/pop/rap songs from the radio a little bit behind, and its real difficult for them to understand/catch all the words for rap.
As an European I would agree with this when it comes to general public. The artists that get shine on (for example) NT aren't that likely to be gaining any popularity in Europe.

Most people that consider themselves "real" rap fans appreciate the raw underground music much more than what's between the most popular songs and the very small artists.

Back
Top Bottom