**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 31-27 | vs Angels & @ A's |

If you can live with Sucre you might as well sit back and let Zunino ride if the only difference is you feel less slighted because there isnt any hype behind one of them :lol:  

I get the frustration, he's been beyond terrible, his confidence is completely shot...A trip to Tacoma sounds close to becoming a necessary route and try to get some things sorted and get his confidence back up.

But there's literally no other better alternative right now to give up on him (in your mind) right now. Just because you KNOW Sucre will suck and you can live with that doesn't change anything from an actual productive standpoint for the team.

Team needs to do their due diligence to get this kid back on track though before it becomes a point of no return

Right. It's a shame it's come to this. I was thinking Zunino was the catcher for the next 10 years, and he may very well be, but you don't deserve a spot in the big leagues if you are hitting .120 full time. One twenty. That is beyond pathetic.

It's not only that he's hitting .120, but his OBP is lower than Peter Griffin's blood alcohol content and he strikes out almost every at-bat

Some nice defense that inning.

And Goldsmith 
nthat.gif

:smh:

It's getting old with the poor RISP execution. Someone heat up besides Nelson Cruz. Is Mr. $240 mil gonna start heating up anytime soon?

For Ackley?  He's been on this team since 2011. He sucks dude. He is what he is. No different than Smoak (well, at least Smoak was above average at first base) chance after chance after chance. I don't think we need to wait until September for this one.

Last edited:
Man Ack was hot for like a week to start too..what happened man :smh:

my delusional self thought the bottom of the order could do solid numbers :smh:

At least Brad is holding up his end of the bargain on that.

Open your eyes. :lol:

He's not really good...at anything. Talk about someone who's been given chances...I'm just about done with that dude.

Will always sting who was on the board when we drafted Ack attack. Also that his NC teammate was the better pick, we lucked out and everything balanced out in the end. Still, most M's fans want the team to DFA Ackley. He's that bad.

We're not even a month in and half of yall are ready to blow this team up :lol:

Is it too early for the "same old M's" talk? This team gets a masher in the cleanup spot and still can't score runs. Still can't hit with RISP. The team's best player (besides King) is not holding up his end of the bargain, when guys like Trout or Miggy Cabrera are their usual selves. It's really frustrating.

Man Ack was hot for like a week to start too..what happened man :smh:

my delusional self thought the bottom of the order could do solid numbers :smh:

At least Brad is holding up his end of the bargain on that.

Bottom of the order could do solid numbers if Ruggiano replaces Ackley full-time, Bloomquist is sent packing, and guys like Montero or Quentin are given a chance. You're asking for automatic outs with guys like Ackley and Mike Zunino.

Montero is going to come up and instantly remember he's incapable of hitting a breaking ball.

Back
Top Bottom