**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

But, if you think you're CLOSE, you have to go for it don't you? I don't want ot give up on DJ or Tai or Pax or what ever but if this team had (I know it's a long shot) Price and Zorilla as has been rumored, we'd be all but unbeatable in a 7 game series.

if some team will take any combo of the poo poo platter, I'd GLADLY give them away.

But, if you think you're CLOSE, you have to go for it don't you? I don't want ot give up on DJ or Tai or Pax or what ever but if this team had (I know it's a long shot) Price and Zorilla as has been rumored, we'd be all but unbeatable in a 7 game series.

if some team will take any combo of the poo poo platter, I'd GLADLY give them away.
Only problem that worries me is David Price, does his stance on not signing an extension here still stand? If so I wouldnt want to lose Tai over that.

But again...Would the M's seriously consider getting rid of two of their best prospects for this one year at a chance? They already have a pretty good chance as it is without Price. This team is really young and Tai probably hits his stride in the next year or two and D.J. will be on the squad in no time. Meaning...They're helping them compete soon. Not in 5 years from now, but next year. Couple that with the young pieces already in place and another 3-4 years of Cano's prime and why again would we get rid of two for the price of a one uncertainty. It seems so tempting in the now, but this isn't the best version of even this squad, let alone what it could look like in a few years. DJ and Tai are apart of that.

Unless they're working on fixing Walker and (more importantly) he's doing the work to change his delivery...I think you gotta move forward with that deal. He unfortunately looks like nothing has changed.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Mariners' trade talks with the Rays have revolved more around Ben Zobrist than David Price.

FOX Sports' Jon Morosi reported earlier Thursday that the two clubs were discussing a deal involving both players, but Heyman hears that Zobrist "has been the main focus of the talks, with those discussions going on for weeks." Heyman doesn't dismiss the possibility of the M's going after Price (they were linked to him over the offseason), but it sounds like he might be on the back burner for now. According to Heyman, Nick Franklin's name has been involved in the Zobrist discussions.
grab Zorilla and let's move on then

You've got to be kidding me. 
nerd.gif

So many names floating around. Miller, Peterson, Paxton, Walker, Franklin and Zunino.

I'm fine with dealing all those guys, outside of Zunino if Price at least shows some kind of interest in staying in Seattle. If not, move on. Too far behind the A's and Angels to compete for the west. Either make a big splash (Price and Zobrist), or stand pat.

Price is under control for this and next year, this bullpen and a rotation of King/Kuma/Price is lights out in a 7 game. This is the 1st time since my kids were born that we have a chance and I say go for it.

If we can pet Price/Zorilla with out giving away Zu/Pax/DJ/AJax I'd give them just about anything else..........

MLB Network threw out a bold prediction of the M's trading for Tulowitzki. How dope would that be? Middle infield set for the next 5 seasons with MVP caliber players.

*wakes up with drool on cheek*

Man. This team struck gold with Seager and Jones. Crazy how it turned out since they were supposed to be scrubs while Montero and Ackley were supposed to be the stars

Back
Top Bottom