**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 15-12 | v. Braves & Houston |

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I, occasionally, read Geoff Baker's stuff... and while he has good columns, he sometimes come off as a bit arrogant or condescending towards other.

Yes. I usually listen to 950 KJR on my drive to work in the morning and he has occassional spots on the show. He seems pompous and I'm not real sure he actually knows the game. I think he's just been around the game for so long that he has valuable insights, but I just don't know about him.

I shall start reading the blog.

I, occasionally, read Geoff Baker's stuff... and while he has good columns, he sometimes come off as a bit arrogant or condescending towards other.

Yes. I usually listen to 950 KJR on my drive to work in the morning and he has occassional spots on the show. He seems pompous and I'm not real sure he actually knows the game. I think he's just been around the game for so long that he has valuable insights, but I just don't know about him.

I shall start reading the blog.

Good. Seattle is full of pansy sports journalists, afraid to legitimately call out organizations. I will say this, as insufferable a writer as Steve Kelly is, he's hilarious on the radio when he's on KJR. He goes in on everyone.

Good. Seattle is full of pansy sports journalists, afraid to legitimately call out organizations. I will say this, as insufferable a writer as Steve Kelly is, he's hilarious on the radio when he's on KJR. He goes in on everyone.

Originally Posted by dakid23

Whos going to Sonic night?
I was going to, but it's in the afternoon and I'm tied up all day. Thought it was at like 7 pm, or something.

Edit: wait, you mean the Keyarena thing saturday?

I was going to, but it's in the afternoon and I'm tied up all day. Thought it was at like 7 pm, or something.

Edit: wait, you mean the Keyarena thing saturday?

Whats up Jeff! I'm realllllly trying to go, but I'm sure I'd have to work. If I can make it happen we should grab a beer.

Any other NTers down to meet up? Mini summit?

Whats up Jeff! I'm realllllly trying to go, but I'm sure I'd have to work. If I can make it happen we should grab a beer.

Originally Posted by trunks206

That's the Key Arena thingy right?  Take lots of pics.

Originally Posted by trunks206

That's the Key Arena thingy right?  Take lots of pics.

I'm so mad I'm missing the KeyArena event. Just got wrapped up in other things.

Btw, this might as well be the official Seattle thread for NT, because the NW forum is a morgue.

I'm so mad I'm missing the KeyArena event. Just got wrapped up in other things.

Btw, this might as well be the official Seattle thread for NT, because the NW forum is a morgue.

Casey Kotchman is hitting .331?
30t6p3b.gif
  That's .114 points better.

Time to move in the fences
laugh.gif

Nah, just playin'
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Nah, just playin'
nerd.gif
I was thinking about Kotchman the other day...Amazing what he's doing in a different ballpark/team compared to here
30t6p3b.gif

Hell, Look at Beltre too

They should really think about moving those damn fences in...I'm sure it'll hurt the pitching some

It's going to be hard to get big bats to want to sign here and stay here

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Nah, just playin'
nerd.gif
I was thinking about Kotchman the other day...Amazing what he's doing in a different ballpark/team compared to here
30t6p3b.gif

Hell, Look at Beltre too

They should really think about moving those damn fences in...I'm sure it'll hurt the pitching some

It's going to be hard to get big bats to want to sign here and stay here

What life would be like in the AL East.

At least with the West games still look respectable.  

P.S. - Noticing all these former M's today, but how 'bout Freddy Garcia. I'm actually happy to see his success in NY even though he's with the Yankers.

What life would be like in the AL East.

At least with the West games still look respectable.  

P.S. - Noticing all these former M's today, but how 'bout Freddy Garcia. I'm actually happy to see his success in NY even though he's with the Yankers.

Back
Top Bottom