**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 6-8 | v. Cubs & Reds |

Great. Now all we're left with is just a dude named Joe. 
eyes.gif

wilhelmson had a good outing last night. lets hope he can keep this up and today and return to his dominant closer self

[h3]Seattle Mariners[/h3]
Buy low: Triple-A Tacoma pitchers Erasmo Ramirez and Danny Hultzen will make an impact, and the dynasty option to get for mid-2014 is right-hander Taijuan Walker. I can't reasonably buy low in Dustin Ackley, Jesus Montero or Justin Smoak, but with Michael Morse, I can.

Sell high: Right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma is legit, but not to this level.

Stat to watch: As long as infielder Nick Franklin keeps drawing walks, his hot start is for real. He could be a top-20 middle infielder this season.

I was wrong: To believe Ackley and Montero would not only keep their jobs but also improve.

I was right: To believe what Raul Ibanez did for the 2012 New York Yankees was repeatable (though I'd take the under on 30 home runs).
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/eric-karabell/post?id=1969

Sell high:  Right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma  is legit, but not to this level.
He's been at 'this level' for a year straight now. I'd rather keep him long term and not get fleeced in yet another trade.

mad.gif
 I firmly place this loss on Wedge. He's making the same mistakes game in and game out..

No way we should trade Iwakuma. This team is still feeling the effects of the Fister trade. We have a solid 1-2 punch, let's have some of the rooks fill in the back end of the rotation.

If they succeed, then we start talking an Iwakuma trade.

Yeah, after Felix and Kuma, the rotation can't do much.  Why would you take that apart?  It's not like our farm-arms are ready. 

Erasmo is ready to be called up..and had Hultzen not missed 2 months - he'd more than likely be up here, too. Hultzen starting tonight in Tacoma.
Taijuan Walker  (Talk40 #2) and Brad Miller  (Talk40  #6) have been picked to the U.S. team in the Futures Game on Saturday July 14.  The game pits U.S. vs. International prospects.

No Mariners are on the initial International roster, but, for the first time there will be fan vote for the final spot on each team.  And one of the five International nominees is our man  Ji-Man Choi  (Talk40  #19).  Maybe a strong Korean vote will bring him across (Choi is the only Asian nominee, which might help).  Among the other nominees is No. 1 overall draft pick Carlos Correa of Puerto Rico.

Voting is at MLB.com/futuresfinalists and #FuturesFinalists through June 30.

Vote Choi! and/or #VoteChoi

- See more at: http://seattlesportsinsider.com/article/mariners-prospect-news-june-27#sthash.lSuTPTJl.dpuf

It's Miller Time.
[h1]Brad Miller Promoted[/h1]
By Scott Weber on Jun 27 2013, 10:52p  @scottyweebs 203

Stay connected for news and updates

162140361.0_standard_709.0.jpg
{C}{cke_protected}%3Cnoscript%3E%0A%20%20%3Cimg%20alt%3D%22%22%20size_name%3D%22large_730%22%20src%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.sbnation.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_image%2Fimage%2F15539273%2F162140361.0_standard_352.0.jpg%22%20%2F%3E%0A%3C%2Fnoscript%3E
Christian Petersen

Brad Miller has gotten the call.

The Mariners just couldn't ignore Brad Miller's dominance any longer.

{C}{cke_protected}%3Cscript%20src%3D%22%2F%2Fplatform.twitter.com%2Fwidgets.js%22%20charset%3D%22utf-8%22%3E%3C%2Fscript%3EMiller joins the team for the Chicago series, and will presumably take over as the team's primary shortstop. Miller's a work in progress defensively, but his bat is ready to play. Brendan Ryan will likely to shift to a mentoring role, because the team isn't going to promote Miller and stick him on the bench. He's the new starting shortstop.

Brad Miller spent all of 26 games in AAA, and dominated it. Before tonight, Miller had a .350/.424/.570 line in Tacoma. After tonight's 2/4 night with a home run, his OPS cracked 1.000, and the M's decided they'd seen enough. Miller's career path mirrors Kyle Seager's, who spent just 24 games in AAA himself before getting the call. Seager equally dominated the PCL, and Miller's ascension has been similarly rapid.

Miller has committed six errors in 26 games, and is prone to making mistakes on routine plays. He looks good at short on tape, and some have speculated that his error issues may simply be a maturity or experience issue. The Mariners have decided to let him learn on the job, and all of a sudden, the middle of the diamond is being covered by two rookies.

The future's coming in a hurry, and Dustin Ackley now finds himself relegated to the outfield, at least for now. The Mariners will have to make a 40 man roster move, which should be Lucas Luetge, but we'll see. He's the most deserving candidate to be pushed off, but it's possible the team could transfer Gutierrez or Sucre to the 60-man DL to free up a spot for now. In the mean time, Carlos Triunfel will head down to AAA.

The Mariners just became more fun to watch. Miller's offensive ceiling isn't expected to be tremendously high, but there's certainly a possibility of him exceeding expectations. Miller's ascension has been exciting to watch, and he now fills the team's biggest offensive black hole. The Mariners just got a lot more fun to watch, and Z's 2.0 youth movement marches onward. Hopefully Miller will soon be joined by Erasmo Ramirez, and perhaps Danny Hultzen before the end of the year. This roster is changing in a hurry.

6 errors in 26 games?! Can't complain though, tired of seeing Ryan flail away at the plate. I would rather watch a group of young guys go out and make mistakes then to have a bunch of "veterans" stink it up. Good luck Miller!

Man this is what's up...still a lot of season left and letting the kids out of the gate.

I definitely feel a bit more confident about Miller getting called up then when Zunino was called up for some reason.

Clutch.

That was a fun game. All these young guys in there has seriously sparked my enthusiasm for the M's.

Last edited:
Clutch.

That was a fun game. All these young guys in there has seriously sparked my enthusiasm for the M's.

QFT.

Nino though!

Didn't hear great things about Miller's D but he made a good play earlier.

Last edited:
Ack lasted a day and a half in the OF smh

hopefully its not serious

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom