**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 6-8 | v. Cubs & Reds |

Sounds good. We meeting at stadium to cop bobble heads or pyramid again?
or 7-11 to cop some black n milds

I will keep saying it, the starting pitching has been abysmal to start the season. Maybe last year gassed these pitchers out but none of them look great, save for an injury to Felix.

Kuma :smh:

Could be Kuma is starting to trend downwards in his career at this point....or just a slow start

hard to tell this early

not worried with anybody yet..we'll see how Tai does after getting obliterated his first time out.

Just glad the offense is showing life because the pitching has done enough to believe it'll get in shape

I wanna look at Kuma's PitchFX stuff tomorrow and see if there's any glaring trends developing that differentiate between a poor start to the season and potential problem. Like in Jered Weaver's case, I'd be severely worried since his velocity is down and his fastball is flat as a ruler.

I wanna look at Kuma's PitchFX stuff tomorrow and see if there's any glaring trends developing that differentiate between a poor start to the season and potential problem. Like in Jered Weaver's case, I'd be severely worried since his velocity is down and his fastball is flat as a ruler.

His velocity is a little down and he's had a more trouble than usual with getting his pitches down...his Splitter dictates how his night/inning will go it feels

Dogders and Angels is a tough combo to start the year on as well

Last edited:
I've only jumped into this dodgers game late, but looks like he's having trouble locating his pitches tonight too. and that pitch to ethier looks like it just didn't break/got too much of the plate. will be interesting to see his zone percentage and zone contact rate. usually decent metrics for stuff decreasing/possible injuries.

the thing with pitchers that throw splitters, historically they lose their velocity earlier than pitchers that dont throw it. always found that interesting after i heard ron darling talk about it.

Last edited:
This Boomstick guy... 5 homers in 4 games... 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom