**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 6-8 | v. Cubs & Reds |

i think i figured out taijuan's issue, he's throwing too many fastballs and not changing speeds nearly enough. he's thrown only 10 curves on the year versus 82 four seamers, 25 cutters and 31 splitters—throwing them between 89-94 mph. hitters can expect a fastball since he has no offspeed stuff and apparently isn't confident in his breaking ball. he's also working the middle to left side of the plate too much. so not changing speeds and mixing up his spots has him being way too predictable to be successful at the show.

i wrote an article about it on my tumblr with some decent graphics

kid's got a good arm and he's still very young. i really think it's just the mental aspect of pitching that he needs to learn and adjust to if he's going to be successful in the majors. maybe even add a changeup or something to mix in occasionally.

^^^
Tai stated himself yesterday after the game that his fastball command was off for most of the game.

Seemed like he had something going with his slider in ST, but I see him still messing with that cutter.

he's so young that i wouldnt worry too much. as long as he realizes he needs to adjust his approach, he should be fine in the future. hopefully he puts it together.

Tai and Nino pregame yesterday, hope to see these 2 grow together:

Some people can't hang in Dodgers stadium, but for the most part the fans are chill. Too much alcohol and some of that LA gang persona, kills it sometimes. If you come through with Giants stuff on it's a different story...

Lot's of M's fans where I was at (Section 44) and there were no beefs at all.

Last edited:
Some people can't hang in Dodgers stadium, but for the most part the fans are chill. Too much alcohol and some of that LA gang persona, kills it sometimes. If you come through with Giants stuff on it's a different story...

Lot's of M's fans where I was at (Section 44) and there were no beefs at all.

I was in section 46! I was with my homie & my cousins who are all Dodger fans.

My mom was with my aunt in 48?

Sitting down was cool but leaving the game got kind of hectic.

If your not use to being around Latinos (I'm Salvadorian) i can see how you would get intimidated at Dodger Stadium .

Last edited:
@dakid23, I feel you but that's how CA is, especially LA. Most of the time it's just goons putting up a front when they're with their homies.

I'm in Central California now and it's pretty much the same here.

Happy Happ Day y'all (pun intended).

Back
Top Bottom