So NBA dudes (not on Cavs) really care and hate if you rock Lebron's?

Anyone hear Danny Granger on ESPN w. Scoop Jackson the other day?  He said that he had an unnamed teammate on the Pacers that took some Lebron's out of a box to wear during a game.  He got all sorts of flack from everyone else, and they ultimately ended up cutting the straps on the shoes so he wouldn't wear them. 
laugh.gif
  I know Mike Miller rocked Soldier III's, and if I'm not mistaken, Antawn Jamison wasn't really too pleased with his shoe choice.  Is it that serious? 

Well aren't Mike Miller and Lebron boys? Regardless, seems pretty petty, especially since Granger is a Nike athlete.

Didn't know it was that serious at all. I think it's funny when guys wear the shoes of an opposing player though, like Goran Dragic wearing Kobes against the Lakers.

Yeah, I do find it funny actually
laugh.gif

I'd just rock the Nike Air Hypermax's, if I was in the league.

who cares its about the performance of the shoes

i mean if im not mistaken a handful of dudes not on the bulls rocked jordans when mike was still playing

yeah, Mike Miller came to practice wearing Lebrons and Deshawn was like "
indifferent.gif
we don't wear those around here"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

yeah, Mike Miller came to practice wearing Lebrons and Deshawn was like "
indifferent.gif
we don't wear those around here"
laugh.gif

If I was Mike would I've pointed at his throat and forehead and said "we don't wear that around here"

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Amare was wearing KD2 for a good portion of the season.

this...

I liked how Amare showed KD love too that was cool

but at the same time I know Danny and Lebron aren't the best of friends...

I'm rockin with Danny. If I'm in the NBA I'm not rockin ANYONE eleses shoes

It's whatever feels comfortable to a player is what they should wear. If they are Bron's, Kobe's, or whomever...it shouldn't be a big deal.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

ultimately ended up cutting the straps on the shoes so he wouldn't wear them. 
laugh.gif

They cut the logo off. They didn't stop him from wearing them.

Wow, then most players must not respect Lebron at all.

There are a handful of players who wear Kobe's, and get no flack.

Not trying to compare the 2, but in the 90's (as you all know) players wore Jordans and got no flack as well.

Depends on how you look at it...

In a way you're supporting another player by wearing his sneakers. In another, you're just looking to sport some good sneakers.

I personally don't see a problem with it.

Originally Posted by Aze201

laugh.gif

even if they cut the logo off, they're still Lebron's.  IMO, it was stupid of the Pacers to take things that seriously....

It's a psychological thing. If I was in the league, I wouldn't wear another (current) player's kicks, unless he was my boy or I felt the person was humble (like a Durant). I don't wear Lebrons NOW because I don't like his attitude.
The way I see it, wearing a players sneaks while playing against him could be an ego boost and give him more confidence on the court. Kinda like he'll think something like "Man, how is this cat gonna check me. He's wearing MY kicks, trying to be on MY level''. Confidence is a dangerous weapon in BBall.

There was some coach in the 90's that didn't allow his players to wear Jordans. Some people think it's petty, but I see the logic behind it. It's all a mind game. And you DON'T want to get in a mind game with MJ or Phil Jackson.

A cat like KD, yeah, I'd rock his because he seems cool.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

It's a psychological thing. If I was in the league, I wouldn't wear another (current) player's kicks, unless he was my boy or I felt the person was humble (like a Durant). I don't wear Lebrons NOW because I don't like his attitude.
The way I see it, wearing a players sneaks while playing against him could be an ego boost and give him more confidence on the court. Kinda like he'll think something like "Man, how is this cat gonna check me. He's wearing MY kicks, trying to be on MY level''. Confidence is a dangerous weapon in BBall.

There was some coach in the 90's that didn't allow his players to wear Jordans. Some people think it's petty, but I see the logic behind it. It's all a mind game. And you DON'T want to get in a mind game with MJ or Phil Jackson.

laugh.gif
I don't like Lebron's attitude one bit, but I rock Soldier III's cause it's a damn comfortable shoe to hoop in.  I'm sure that's the mindset of everyone who isn't on the Cavs who wears his shoe. 

i wouldn't be surprised if lebron is the most hated athlete in the league. Mainly because of the treatment he receives from ESPN and the belief that he is the most protected athlete to ever in the NBA

but a player should wear whatever is most comfortable. Even if they are playing against him. it's not that serious

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

laugh.gif
I don't like Lebron's attitude one bit, but I rock Soldier III's cause it's a damn comfortable shoe to hoop in.  I'm sure that's the mindset of everyone who isn't on the Cavs who wears his shoe. 

By attitude, do you guys mean his self-sense of achievement, and self-proclaimed "Chosen One" persona, without merit, or success?
laugh.gif

I still remember a couple years back when the Lakers were playing a regular season game and Adidas at the time were retro ing a bunch of Kobe's old Adidas signature shoes.

Arenas was wearing the Adidas Crazy 1's aka Adidas The Kobe while Kobe was rocking the Nike Zoom Kobe II's.

I think Kobe was more pissed at Adidas for retro ing and calling his old signature shoe The Adidas Crazy 1's.

Originally Posted by Aze201

laugh.gif

even if they cut the logo off, they're still Lebron's.  IMO, it was stupid of the Pacers to take things that seriously....

You just  don't get it then. The player who wore them probably felt just like you. Some get it, some don't.

I was talking to james gist about rocking some lebrons and he said hell na im not trying to rock some lebrons.
He said he would rather rock some and1 or adidas.
I think lebrons are comfy but if i played in the league i dont know if i would rock them if i have to play him
laugh.gif

Im not surprised, although it is a petty matter.

like someone said, its all psychological.

Some of ya'll sound real "gutless". That's the nicest way I could put it w/o getting banned
smile.gif
. Would you go to war waving the enemy's flag? NO. You should not wear the opponent's shoes. There's a logic to it; an unwritten Man-Law. It's just not something you should ever do in a competitive scenario. Now I'm not against wearing another player's shoe if he's not the current opponent or a rival. So there are circumstances where it is acceptable. But since LBJ hasn't won anything relevant or upset anybody.. (random cheap shot
laugh.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom