SO nobody saw Cowboys VS Aliens this past weekend?

Started good then they got the historical purposes in there and it turned into James Bond and Indiana Jones fighting Aliens with Indians at Area 51

laughed my %$+ off when I saw the trailer, granted I didnt read the book, but cmon...

cowboys
vs
aliens?????????
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

just when I thought crazy stupid love was the worst title ever

I thought the aliens would be the best part, but I actually cared more about the cowboy side of the story.

Still not horrible or anything.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I know it got really bad reviews online but i enjoyed the movie. Never read the book and there were a few holes in the plot but still very entertaining movie. smh @ the smurfs almost beating it out for top spot this weekend
laugh.gif

In a movie about aliens? ok.

shut up

oh.

It's a movie about aliens. If you can accept that, than the "plot" doesn't matter. It's like going to see Cars 2 and complaining that they never run out of gas.

I've seen Thor, Fast Five, X-Men First Class, Transformer's, AND Captain America, and everytime the previews came on this one popped up....

mind you Thor and Fast Five came out in May I think....They've been advertising the hell out of this movie.

It looks stupid in my opinion...but they've advertised it so much, by the time I went to see Cap, I was almost convinced to go see the damn thing.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

I've seen Thor, Fast Five, X-Men First Class, Transformer's, AND Captain America, and everytime the previews came on this one popped up....

mind you Thor and Fast Five came out in May I think....They've been advertising the hell out of this movie.

It looks stupid in my opinion...but they've advertised it so much, by the time I went to see Cap, I was almost convinced to go see the damn thing.

ive seen all those movies above except for fast five and imo the only three movies better were thor, super 8, and xmen first class. thats not including comedies

dude who said it was a popcorn flick was right. it had action, suspense, and comedy. i was expecting the aliens to look like crap but they werent that bad. daniel craig, harrison ford, and sam rockwell were excellent. 

They promoted the hell outta this movie and all I kept wondering was for what?! It has no appeal. Wasn't surprised by the numbers

Originally Posted by natelav129

yeah.......i went to go see it.
Not a terrible flick, but something just seemed off. Like they didn't bother to explain a lot of stupid little twists and what not 
laugh.gif

But, for a summer movie, definately not the worst.....I'm just wondering who the *++! went to see the Smurfs 
indifferent.gif
This

This movie...eughk.
sick.gif

I was a little hyped for this when I heard Robert Downey Jr. was gonna star and Jon Favreau was gonna direct. That's that 1-2 from Iron Man. But then RDJ walks for Sherlock and we end up with this.

It was a mistake recasting Daniel Craig, probably the worst of the summer after Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. I mean he's James Bond. Not some roles in smaller foreign or arthouse movies that movie nerds like me know about, but James Bond. Everytime he talks, even though his accent is mostly good, it feels fugazi. It's like he's being dubbed. You don't buy that $%$+ or his character at all.

The ignorant thing is all of the talent that's stocked here. I'm used to Sam Rockwell being good in movies that suck, but Harrison Ford came to play. Dude's only really tried twice in a decade...this was one of em, Indy IV was the other.
30t6p3b.gif
And they reward him with $@%++%**. If you honestly had an idea as to what the point of him was in this movie, then good for you. They abandon a different storyline for him every 5 minutes...I mean he's good in them...but cmon.

This probably would've been a better movie if it was Cowboys and Monsters instead. Cuz to be honest, these aren't aliens, these are trolls. They look like they chew rocks, but you're telling me they can use a leveler and a blowtorch? It feels like they dumbed the aliens way down so people would stand a chance, but even as dumb as they are, every time the aliens show up, it makes every minute of the western side of the movie feel pointless and stupid and a waste of time on purpose.

The movie reminds me of The Village (where a bunch of modern people are playing pretend as old time folk, because they don't know better), but that's just because everyone's written stupid. Nobody's all that shook about aliens in the sky and it makes it feel even stupider when they pretend to be. And spoiler for C&A ... Olivia Wilde can act a little bit better than Megan Fox, but that's it. So are they gonna have her be a robot or alien in everything to make up for that? /spoilers

This movie makes Terminator Salvation look like Blade Runner. It's not that it's terrible, but it's a disappointment every 5 minutes. Every scene feels like an insult to whatever it's stealing from. And it's like a movie made purely to remind people why they don't like westerns in the first place. Which might be even more of an insult after how great True Grit worked.

I get the feeling like the whole point of the comic book, I hear this was based off, would've been hicks and alien abduction on overdose. It's just sad that this is what they came up with from that, with all the things they had going for them. RDJ made the right choice.

Not interested in seeing this in theaters, might rent it when it comes out on dvd.... Whens the next Bond movie coming out?

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

it was okay. Daniel Craig is bad @*!

co sign. daniel craig always been bad %@@

the dude above who said daniel craig is known for james bond....daniel craig heres the quote...

Not some roles in smaller foreign or arthouse movies that movie nerds like me know about
uhhh does Layer Cake ring a bell??

Just got out from seeing it and thought it was actually pretty good.  I didn't have much hype for it before seeing it but I don't regret seeing it

Movie looked pretty awesome IMO. I was super hyped. Then I was a little let down when the reviews came in. Nevertheless, I'm going this weekend to watch.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

it was okay. Daniel Craig is bad @*!

co sign. daniel craig always been bad %@@

the dude above who said daniel craig is known for james bond....daniel craig heres the quote...

Not some roles in smaller foreign or arthouse movies that movie nerds like me know about
uhhh does Layer Cake ring a bell??

that was a comment on his accent. that he had...in Layer Cake too.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom