Soccer players come on in!

Hey guys, I've had a growing interest in soccer for a while now and I'm interested in playing casually.  The thing is I have no idea how to play
frown.gif

I know the basics such as rules and things like that, but not the technical aspects of it.  I don't know how to kick it right or pass correctly.

I'm looking into playing intramurals in college or something of that nature (pick up games maybe) and was wondering if someone could school me on learning soccer.

Where do I start?  I was going to pick up a ball and starting kicking it around but theres so much to learn I'm pretty lost.  Didn't play in high school and I kind of regret it.

The problem is the barrier because it isn't like basketball where I can hoop by myself and a few friends. 
I can't just go out to the soccer field and kick the ball around because I'm a beginner it would be pretty frustrating.  I'm just trying to get good enough to say join a pick up game and be of some use to people.

Cliffnotes: How do I learn soccer, I'm 17 years old and going to college, where do I start?  How do I practice by myself and join say a beginners club or something like that to learn.

go juggle the ball, shoot on a goal by yourself, do lots and lots of dribbling on your own, kick a ball against a wall, find a friend to play pass with, watch soccer this summer with the WC, watch youtube clips....just kick the ball around. 
if your just starting you don't need people to play with, you gotta learn how to use the ball with your feet first. 

use your shoe laces to kick the ball. What i used to do when we had a fence, currently getting a new fence cause the one we had was all messed up, was just kick the ball against it.

i saw some videos on youtube a while ago that taught the basics.

keep a ball on your feet whenever you can. dribble it around the house. and most importantly, find a concrete wall and play pass with it. juggle, inside of the foot, laces, just learn how the ball reacts to different areas of your foot. and of course, learn how to trap it. im sure youtube can help too.

i was in a similar position when i was a senior in hs. never learned how to play properly, still suck, but i play for fun sometimes. and it would def be alot more fun if i were able to make the ball do what i want it to lmao. it kinda sucks when i cant even have a good first touch on the ball.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Niketalker I might be moving to Sacramento this summer, know any spots where I can practice?

Well there are plenty of indoor soccer places that have late night drop ins for 5-10 dollars a night..Metro City has drop ins thur/fri/sat/sun 11:30pm-1:30am..This place in Elk Grove also has drop ins at 11-1 thursday/fri

Back
Top Bottom