Suits for interviews?

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wearing a suit to an interview = thirsty.
laugh.gif
kids.
isn't this the name of the game though? By default, I'm assuming you'd be thirsty for a job you want 
laugh.gif

I don't think I have every heard that term. I don't think any company would look down on you if you came in an interview with a suit. It's just what it is. It does depend on the company if you really need to wear a whole suit (you can always do without the jacket) but most will respect the effort anyways.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Originally Posted by jehims

always wear a suit to interviews

QFT. Always wear a black or grey suite. Wearing a suite shows you take things seriously, and not casual. It always seems to work.
Instead of black, I'd go with navy or charcoal grey.  

sick.gif
 @ suite

it's always good to overdress, but you want to be aware of the company culture also

if it's a really laid back company going in with a suit may make a bad impression

Keep in mind that you only have one chance to male a good first impression.

I've told this story before but in my old company, this guy applying for a janitor position wore a suit to apply for a job and my employer didn't even know he was applying for that job. However, that dude eventually got hire. My employer always tells that story and dude still works there and I think a manager or in charge of other janitors. In the end, it might have been the suit that got him hired, it might not but he stood out and got noticed and that is half the battle right there.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Keep in mind that you only have one chance to make a good first impression.

I've told this story before but in my old company, this guy applying for a janitor position wore a suit to apply for a job and my employer didn't even know he was applying for that job. However, that dude eventually got hire. My employer always tells that story and dude still works there and I think a manager or in charge of other janitors. In the end, it might have been the suit that got him hired, it might not but he stood out and got noticed and that is half the battle right there.
This.
My friend also told me that the interviewer has already made up his/her mind within the first 5 seconds of meeting you, so that first impression is highly crucial.

If they like you they'll ask the 'easy' questions to reaffirm their decision, if not; they'll ask the 'hard' questions to throw you off your game.

Either way, just be prepared and if they hard questions come your way, try your best to persuade their decision to work best with you.

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

This.
My friend also told me that the interviewer has already made up his/her mind within the first 5 seconds of meeting you, so that first impression is highly crucial.

If they like you they'll ask the 'easy' questions to reaffirm their decision, if not; they'll ask the 'hard' questions to throw you off your game.

Either way, just be prepared and if they hard questions come your way, try your best to persuade their decision to work best with you.
eh..  not for me.
I've interviewed people in the past... and 5 seconds is by no way long enough to make a good decision on whether to hire someone or not

I would go with charcoal or navy suit for sure. I don't necessarily agree with "seasonal" ties. My brother works for a hiring agency and he claims neutral color ties are optimal. Nothing says "practical" or "dependable" like navy. Navy might be boring but then again I don't think your future employer gives a damn of your fashion IQ unless your applying for such a position in that particular industry. Style on em after you get hired.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

This.

eh..  not for me.
I've interviewed people in the past... and 5 seconds is by no way long enough to make a good decision on whether to hire someone or not

No kidding - if someone is making a decision within 5 seconds, they are a poor evaluator.

Back
Top Bottom