The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

I remember pens last like 3-4 fights, yeah, Penn is washed

The Lamas against Holloway would have badly hurt Penn

Last edited:

Still boggles my mind how he stood up straight for that last Edgar fight. Would love to see how Wink incorporated Muay Thai into his game

the way that nick, rory, and frankie beat bj - lamas would have done none of that

bj would have brought the heat early and lamas would have folded just like he did against chad

Last edited:
penn is old though. I can't even remember the last time he had a good performance.
he may be old but his past 3 losses are all understandable

nick eventually wore him out with all those punches and a better tank

rory was just straight up bigger and utilized his take downs

frankie had bj's number in all 3 of the past fights

bj would have done just fine against lamas

he may be old but his past 3 losses are all understandable

nick eventually wore him out with all those punches and a better tank
rory was just straight up bigger and utilized his take downs
frankie had bj's number in all 3 of the past fights

bj would have done just fine against lamas

Kinda agree. The third Frankie fight was a far cry from the first two that were competitive, and the first one BJ arguably won I thought. So I kinda wanna lean towards BJ is just finished based on how bad that last one was compared to the others.

BUT, the BJ that fought Fitch or Diaz woulda been fine with Lamas. He had no business being at 170 and still outwrestled Fitch for two rounds and was clearly beating Nick until he gassed. Rory fight was tough to watch, but again, had no business in there fighting a much bigger guy.

A BJ that's anywhere close to his Pre-Frankie 3 form could definitely see Lamas, maybe even stop him

Last edited:
bisping's disrespectful kid
mean.gif

better put that kid up for adoption and ask him who's going to win right before he signs those papers
mean.gif

Last edited:
Penn was a punching bag the last 3 fights

Understandable looking at his opponents

Outside of the flash KO against Hughes, he's just absorbed so much punishment. Not that Lamas is in his prime anymore either, it's just a combo of the wear and tear Penn has suffered and the time away from the game. Not to mention his age and his conditioning

Though Lamas suffered a unanimous loss to Max, he was still throwing bombs

In 2016, I would give his former student the tuf legend andy wang a chance against him.

Last edited:
still remember bj vs lyoto. that had to been a near 40lb difference on fight night
:lol:

Last edited:
Looks like Aldo might be leaving the UFC. Dude has been talking about getting let go of the contract the past few days. Said not even mcgregor rematch will want him to stay.

wouldnt be surprised, he knows he's being shammed over

dude was a great champion and now he's seeing how dana wants to do him

Last edited:
In 2016, I would give his former student the tuf legend andy wang a chance against him.

View media item 2188386

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So pissed they took that video down from youtube, I would cry laughing everytime :lol:

But yeah who knows man, seems like Greg Jackson did pretty well revitalizing Arlovski and and Overeem's careers, although the heavyweight division kinda sucks so that might be part of it too. Hoping he can still work some magic with BJ but yeah, might be too little too late now.

Back
Top Bottom