The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

It's sad but i've never been more suspicious of a dude then i have Dos Anjos. After the Khabib fight dude has been on some demi god ****.

He's got excellent technique which you cant deny but the endurance, strength, speed and ability to take a shot...

Pettis cracked him with a flush head kick and he didnt even blink
sick.gif
Pettis cracked RDA with vicious body shots too and RDA just took them all in stride. RDA literally stood in front of Pettis and pressured him the entire night. The EXACT strategy that every MMA website said would get RDA killed

Some stuff you just can't ever predict, nobody would have ever said RDA could outstrike Pettis

For everyone questioning this sudden re-emergence, I don't blame them at all...

Last edited:
dana wants dos santos to fight overeem, this has been a fight ive been waiting to see for some time.

you think if brock signs he gets to fight either of them this year

dana wants dos santos to fight overeem, this has been a fight ive been waiting to see for some time.

you think if brock signs he gets to fight either of them this year
Dos Santos is definitely a test for Overeem.

One positive for Overeem is that Dos Santos isn't the same fighter. The Cain and Steve Mio fights were all five rounds that took a heavy toll on Dos Santos.

If Overeem can fight like he did yesterday before he began to crumble in the last round, he might have a chance. But his chin is exceptionally suspect.

Dos Santos has great stand up (except for when he fights men named Cain).

Last edited:
I have to agree with many questioning RDA's sudden career turn around. After his lost to Khabib, he's just dominated the top LW contenders. He stood with Cowboy and Pettis despite that being his opponents strong suits. He knocked out Bendo which is crazy.

I'm going to watch the fight later but if dude is on some Drago ish shaking off Anthony Pettis kicks, there has to be some suspicion.

You say the dumbest things 

How the hell was the RDA/Cowboy match a close decision

roll.gif

I posted the entire fight a few pages back, if you watch, come back with a straight face and say it was close, you should probably stop watching MMA

Cowboy will have all the chances in the world to prove he's a top fighter if he can beat Khabib

For now, he's gotten DESTROYED by Nate Diaz, Pettis, dominated by RDA and either drew with Benson or lost a third fight with Benson

Cowboy has definitely earned another #1 contender fight though. Anytime you go on a streak like he has you deserve a shot
Losing 2 rds to 1 is not close in a 3 rd fight? not to mention til he dropped Cerrone in the first, the rd was up for grabs. second was close but dos anjos got it.

"either drew with Benson or lost a third with Benson"....funny last time i checked u weren't the one who decided that, not to mention he got the W lmao

Losing 2 rds to 1 is not close in a 3 rd fight? not to mention til he dropped Cerrone in the first, the rd was up for grabs. second was close but dos anjos got it.

"either drew with Benson or lost a third with Benson"....funny last time i checked u weren't the one who decided that, not to mention he got the W lmao
"If he didn't drop Cerrone" 
laugh.gif
, newsflash, it did happen. Cowboy never threatened RDA once. Didn't have him hurt or in danger at all

You want to downplay that RDA win and then you get mad when I downplay Cowboy's "win" against Bendo in which a majority of fans and fighters alike disagreed with the decision

Just watched the card.

Roy needs to lose weight, improve his conditioning and stop being so one-dimensional ie throwing the haymaker. Nelson has solid BJJ and if he lays on top of you will wear you out. But we hardly see that. He and Mark Hunt need to spice it up and take their last money making years in MMA seriously.

Overeem's chin looks suspect. Winklejohn probably needs to work on that jab so Alistair can maintain that spacing and pressure. Alistairs kicks and knees looked solid. But Junior's stand up is going to pick him apart. Roy looked like he was starting to test that chin toward the end of the second and third.

Hendricks rebounded well. His wrestling looked good and he didn't looked gassed in round three. Having said that, not really looking forward to a third Lawler/Hendricks so soon.

Miss Esparza got destroyed. She tried to wrestle Joanna at the start of the first and eventually gassed which exposed her poor stand up.

That division doesn't look very deep. Rose, Paige, etc might not want it with the girl in the French Blue Jordans.

Dos Anjos was a monster. He used the Clay Guida blueprint against Pettis. He took him down and had him pressured heavy against the cage.

I gotta say dude wasn't gassed at all after the five rounds and was walking through Pettis body and head kicks like they were nothing. Kind of eye brow raising especially if he had a partial MCL tear. WTF!!

But RDA's win definitely shakes up the division. It'll be boring but want to see the Khabib/RDA rematch.

Last edited:

"If he didn't drop Cerrone" 
laugh.gif
, newsflash, it did happen. Cowboy never threatened RDA once. Didn't have him hurt or in danger at all

You want to downplay that RDA win and then you get mad when I downplay Cowboy's "win" against Bendo in which a majority of fans and fighters alike disagreed with the decision
Thanks for proving my point...but it'll prob fly over ur head again

His win against Bendo DID HAPPEN....no matter how u break it down, his win over barboza DID HAPPEN no matter how bad u think he was getting lit up

Thanks for proving my point...but it'll prob fly over ur head again

His win against Bendo DID HAPPEN....no matter how u break it down, his win over barboza DID HAPPEN no matter how bad u think he was getting lit up
You keep on playing the if games, fine by me

"If the RDA/Cowboy fight was 5 rounds, Cowboy wins." It wasn't 5 rounds. Cowboy lost

Sure Cowboy won his third fight with Bendo, but most fighters, analysts and fans think Cowboy lost or it was at least a draw

Again, Cowboy deserves a #1 contender fight, I just don't have any faith that he'd beat Pettis, RDA nor Khabib. If that's saying something super crazy, you just have to deal with it

There is no reason IMO to think that Cowboy could beat any of those guys. Which isn't such a condemning statement on Cowboy as a fighter, he's pretty damn good

Yeah, dos anjos was absorbing those body kicks like they were nothing. I was like wth is going on. He was like the Terminator.

Carla got dominated bad. She looked cute in her wrestling singlet though. Love seeing Joanna light people up with her striking. Reminded me of prime Chuck and Liddell with her awesome sprawl.

Khabib throwing shots at Pettis. Someone else I saw posted Pettis was too busy partying.

And Exactly. Dos Anjos was on some Terminator ish. Like in them movies when the T-800 is hitting the T-1000 With lead pipes and ish. And the T-1000 is like whatevs.

Also, Alistair needs to learn to keep his hands up. He fights someone like Junior/Cain/D.C. with a jab, hook and uppercut and he gonna get lit up like Fourth of July.

Wonder if Aldo will still move up to 155 after his fight with Conor because RDA isn't as a big of name as showtime

Fighters can party a little if they want. Pettis didn't become champ by not being focused when he needs to. cerrone probably having the time of his life every week. Prime Chuck was living the life.

Back
Top Bottom