The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Stars get more criticism doe. That is universal in all sports

People aren't just picking on Honda because she is Honda, she is a star, the most marketed person in MMA. And so happens to be douche bag

Even the mainstream media pushes her. So yes, it invites another level of dislike/distaste

Plus she keeps giving folk ammo to shade her with.
Rust and Black, do you guys know that I have admitted that lol

I'm saying she gets a different degree of criticism. I myself am upset that she won't fight Cyborg but some of the stuff said about her just makes me wonder
I get what you're saying VVH. I think people say crazy things about Rousey for a lot of different reasons. People don't like that she's portrayed by UFC and the mainstream media as someone that does nothing wrong and is perfect. Except for the fans, Rousey has faced little to no criticism from the media for not pressuring/forcing UFC to do the Cyborg fight while Mayweather got heat for every fight he took that wasn't Pac. Since talk of her dating Browne came out, fans have been calling her out for dating him while still talking about Mayweather. But ESPN, TMZ, etc haven't said anything about it and I think that irritates a lot of people. Plus, there's a lot of MMA fans that don't like that a woman is the face of the sport and gets all the media coverage so it pisses them off and they wanna see her get taken down.

Rusty: So you think she's the biggest clown in MMA and you wish ill will on her?

But yall hate on whoever yall want 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

I get what you're saying VVH. I think people say crazy things about Rousey for a lot of different reasons. People don't like that she's portrayed by UFC and the mainstream media as someone that does nothing wrong and is perfect. Except for the fans, Rousey has faced little to no criticism from the media for not pressuring/forcing UFC to do the Cyborg fight while Mayweather got heat for every fight he took that wasn't Pac. Since talk of her dating Browne came out, fans have been calling her out for dating him while still talking about Mayweather. But ESPN, TMZ, etc haven't said anything about it and I think that irritates a lot of people. Plus, there's a lot of MMA fans that don't like that a woman is the face of the sport and gets all the media coverage so it pisses them off and they wanna see her get taken down.
I am on the same page as you...

^Basically what Rusty said. The difference between Ronda and other douchebags of the sport is that the other douchebags aren't protected media darlings, they tend to get criticized as they should. So let's say, she's among the group of douchebags in the sport but she's represented completely differently in the media, which is annoying.

And as far as ill will goes, dude anytime somebody comes in here hoping a fighter gets washed they're wishing ill will on somebody. Matter of fact if you search my posts I'm documented in here hoping that Weidman catches a bad one as well :lol:. I'm just saying generally I just watch the fights kinda impartially but those two characters annoy me to the point where I wouldn't mind seeing them catch an *** whooping. Conor used to anmoy me too but he kinda backed up his talk vs Chad so I can't be too mad at him anymore.

And it seems like you're hinting at misogyny when you're saying people go hard on Ronda for no reason? I don't doubt that feeds into what she gets thrown at her, but what I'm saying is that to me, and I can only speak for me, she legitimately earned alot of the dislike she gets by acting like a douchebag on multiple occasions, all while being protected by the mainstream media and the ufc. It's not hard to understand why that would annoy people.

Last edited:
I feel you Black

And yes, of course she solicits shade. There's no doubt about that 
laugh.gif

I guess for me I just feel like there's an extra degree there. But like I said, let's hate who we hate 
laugh.gif

Rusty can pray for a Conor and Frankie demise all he wants. I'll kick back and wait for those tears to flow

I feel you Black

And yes, of course she solicits shade. There's no doubt about that :lol:

I guess for me I just feel like there's an extra degree there. But like I said, let's hate who we hate :lol:

Rusty can pray for a Conor and Frankie demise all he wants. I'll kick back and wait for those tears to flow

:lol: Fair enough, and for the record I don't even hate her or Weidman, it ain't that deep. I just wouldnt mind seeing them get the hands put to em that's all :lol:. They walk out of the cage on their own and the world keeps moving as usual, no biggie

For as much as the media loves her and says they love women athletes, if she loses they'll stop caring about her and women's mma. Tough for the women's weightclasses that coverage is dependent on one person. Joanna J is a great and exciting fighter but she gets no shine.

I feel you Black

And yes, of course she solicits shade. There's no doubt about that :lol:

I guess for me I just feel like there's an extra degree there. But like I said, let's hate who we hate :lol:

When the opposite happens, If you think it gonna be safe in there for you, and the rest of #TeamConor and #TeamFrankie....

Last edited:
roll.gif

Pray to the old Gods and the New breh....

I think Joanna suffers a bit from the Aldo thing where the English perhaps is a barrier. Or it could be the classic case of small fighters in MMA just not grabbing folks' attention. UFC definitely aint helping matters by hardly promoting the smaller weight classes

:rofl:

Pray to the old Gods and the New breh....

I think Joanna suffers a bit from the Aldo thing where the English perhaps is a barrier. Or it could be the classic case of small fighters in MMA just not grabbing folks' attention. UFC definitely aint helping matters by hardly promoting the smaller weight classes

Her english is way better than Aldo's. Maybe if she focuses she can improve.

I think they fact she is not very attractive is what will hurt her the most sadly. You can tell the UFC and Reebok want Paige to be the 115 champ soooo bad.

Aldo seems like he never gave a damb about learning any English. Like I'm the champ B, **** all the noise :lol:

I think they fact she is not very attractive is what will hurt her the most sadly. You can tell the UFC and Reebok want Paige to be the 115 champ soooo bad.

Aldo seems like he never gave a damb about learning any English. Like I'm the champ B, **** all the noise
laugh.gif
Dana would probably orgasm on site if Paige ever became champ. I think Joanna's English is still shaky right? 

Joanna is cute though 
nerd.gif

Last edited:

Aldo seems like he never gave a damb about learning any English. Like I'm the champ B, **** all the noise :lol:
Dana would probably orgasm on site if Paige ever became champ. I think Joanna's English is still shaky right? 

Joanna is cute though :nerd:  

I think Joanna is cute too. Except when she does her golem pose at weigh-in stare downs. I didn't see it but I read that at her weigh-in with jessica penne she tried to give penne a string necklace with penne pasta on it and penne tried to give Joanna a replica ring from lord of the rings.

I think Joanna is cute too. Except when she does her golem pose at weigh-in stare downs. I didn't see it but I read that at her weigh-in with jessica penne she tried to give penne a string necklace with penne pasta on it and penne tried to give Joanna a replica ring from lord of the rings.

:rofl:

i think Joanna is cute though...

Dang ppl really in they feelings over ronda bring ronda...I respect that she states her opinion without a filter. Shes being herself, Unlike the former lhw champ, that dude is the def of a douche to me. Fraudulent coward that he is doesn't get thrown into the fire as much as he should

And btw it was floyd that threw the first shot at ronda, so why ppl hating on her now?

Last edited:
All of this started cause he said he didn't know who she was. How's that throwing shade at her?

But if UFC 190 brought in a little over 900k buys and had the biggest ppv numbers since UFC 168, what did 189 do? I thought UFC was claiming over 1M buys?

Last edited:
All of this started cause he said he didn't know who she was. How's that throwing shade at her?

But if UFC 190 brought in a little over 900k buys and had the biggest ppv numbers since UFC 168, what did 189 do? I thought UFC was claiming over 1M buys?

Floyd referred to her as a male when asked, not to mention it's floyd so I don't believe that statement in the first place

Don't get me twisted I by no means am a ronda fan, wanted to see my boo tate beat her but the blind hate she's getting is insane

Floyd referred to her as a male when asked, not to mention it's floyd so I don't believe that statement in the first place

Don't get me twisted I by no means am a ronda fan, wanted to see my boo tate beat her but the blind hate she's getting is insane

So, do you think she's done anything that might cause a random mma fan to dislike her, or no?

Back
Top Bottom