The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

I just realized Cowboy telling Conor that he's beat nobody yet he's running his mouth. Chad Mendes was sitting right next to Cowboy 
laugh.gif
 had to be feelin some type of way

I just realized Cowboy telling Conor that he's beat nobody yet he's running his mouth. Chad Mendes was sitting right next to Cowboy :lol:  had to be feelin some type of way
Noticed that as I was watching, kind of felt bad for Chad. He was obviously in terrible fighting condition, so I think he gets it.
Connor is starting to get a little annoying. Carrying the belt like he really earned it :lol:.

I wish they weren't fighting :/

:lol:

How anyone can hate on these two is beyond me.

Having been there live to see him upset Big Nog (my first live UFC ever), UFC 92 made me a lifelong Mir fan regardless of where he is/was at in his career. I'll never forget calling for the private elevator (we were staying in the Skylofts :smokin) and out walks Mir with the belt on his shoulder. The win was such an epic upset and considering everything that happened to Mir with his injury, you couldn't help but be happy for the guy.

And with regards to Arlovski, it's great to see someone in what many argue to be the twilight of his career have a resurgence like this. Too bad his chin is made of glass.

Mir by submission.

Watched the conference...this dude is so disrespectful, interrupted fighters, media, even dana multiple times.

Cowboy straight clowned him with the "he was real quiet in the back" line

Last edited:
Mir's chin is just as fragile

I think it'll be a good scrap

Disagree, Mir hasn't been starched cold like aa.

AA also got dropped by a lhw in rumble. Ever since Sylvia 2 aa seems to get hurt much easier

Didn't carwin put mir to sleep from some ground and pound? Maybe it was another opponent. Can't remember too well.

Also rumble hits like a damn truck. Not many people can eat punches from him.

Arlovski surprised me when he took a few decent punches from bigfoot and kept going.

Didn't carwin put mir to sleep from some ground and pound? Maybe it was another opponent. Can't remember too well.

Also rumble hits like a damn truck. Not many people can eat punches from him.

Arlovski surprised me when he took a few decent punches from bigfoot and kept going.
AA took shots from hell from Browne and also kept going

AA and Mir have both been KO'd/TKO'd 7 times

To be fair, the clean shots that Arlovski took from Fedor, Brett Rogers and Kharitonov woulda put ANY heavyweight out. It was more about leaving himself completely exposed than a matter of his chin. Mir is kinda similar too, the knockouts he's had have been nasty combos or ground and pound that no other heavyweight woulda eaten. They're similar in that neither of them have granite chins and then on top of that they just manage to put themselves in terrible positions too often. Fight should be interesting though

Last edited:
Watched the conference...this dude is so disrespectful, interrupted fighters, media, even dana multiple times.

Cowboy straight clowned him with the "he was real quiet in the back" line

That's the thing that Cowboy and other fighter's don't seem to grasp, Conor doesn't have any ill will for these guys, he's doing it to build up the most promotion and money possible. It's a formula that is proven, not too many other fighters are getting paid like Conor right now. Fighters can't separate the promotional aspect of it and are unable to keep from taking it personal 

Why would Conor talk trash when the camera is off? He's said it multiple times that he has no reason to dislike any of his opponents, they're all in it for the same reason: money. Conor and Cowboy used to be legit cool with each other, before Conor got to this point. They would embrace and say what's up just fine when they ran into one another

That's why it was a little curious to me that Cowboy got baited into it, he should have known Conor's MO. I don't think Cowboy was playing along either, he legit seemed bothered just like Chad Mendes. It only makes for potential hype should they ever face each other

UFC would be smart to not match Conor up with an RDA or Khabib though 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
 golden goose over after that

Last edited:
conor promotiing the hell out of himself :lol:
fighters gotta realize it's about the $
he'll call out jon jones if he was gonna make a mil or two

Last edited:
There's a level of tolerance that you reach where you get tired of an idiot constantly talking crap whether he means it or not. The good thing about the sport is you can get the opportunity to hit the person in the jaw. One of the surprising things I saw was I think after the diaz vs cerrone fight where nate actually admitted the trash talking was for the fight and he has no beef.

Conor :pimp:. I don't it's wise calling out the Welterweights though. Robbie would win by murder.

Do you guys think Conor could beat the RDA that was in the Pettis fight?

Last edited:
Conor would get destroyed by RDA and Khabib

I will await his performance against Aldo to make my determination on a match with Cerrone or Pettis...

Conor is a huge featherweight, I think he wouldn't be that small for lightweight but he would be smaller than a Cowboy.. that size might not particularly matter if he can be quicker and keep his power. If he goes out and beats Aldo I don't think you can say he couldn't compete with the strikers at lightweight. We shall see...

Would like to see Duffy make a run. He has this aura about him that is very strange... like detached and void of emotion. I was paying more attention to him during that conference.. it's like he has no soul. I definitely think that has to do with him leaving the sport years ago, pretty sure there is something there to his story...

Conor
pimp.gif
. I don't it's wise calling out the Welterweights though. Robbie would win by murder.

Do you guys think Conor could beat the RDA that was in the Pettis fight?
bruhh that RDA wasn't losing to anyone.

We all know them Pettis kicks ain't no joke and he was walking through them things like nothing 
mean.gif

Like Vinc said RDA or Khabib are not the guys he wants to fight if/when he goes to LW. 

Last edited:
Presser was uncomfortable to watch :smh:

That boy is something else :lol:

Aldo has such a golden opportunity to derail this train. There's so many dudes who want to be that guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom