The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

What a time. Alvarez gonna lose his too if he fights khabib?

Wonderboy vs woodley might also see a new champ

Last edited:
Your elitist perspective is always so boring. This is a brutal sport and guys have an extremely small window to actually make money. But they shouldn't do that simply for YOUR entertainment. That's a ridiculous outlook.

He just missed 18 months and wants to get paid now that he's the champ. I can't fault him for that nor should you.

Elitist? I'm sorry if I don't agree with sidestepping your title defenses while holding your division hostage.

You a big fan of Danny Garcia too?

Edit: Why don't dudes try to make legit defenses the money fights? That's how it should be anyway.

Last edited:
What a time. Alvarez gonna lose his too if he fights khabib?

Wonderboy vs woodley might also see a new champ

Yea I'd say Khabib takes out Alvarez rather easily with his grapple game. Really hope they remake khabib Ferguson though for a true title eliminator.

Can't blame woodley for wanting money fights. Id rather see him fight Wonderboy or winner of maia-condit first but it is what it is.

If he does go with Wonderboy I'd like to see lawler fight winner of maia-condit

It's not like diaz is an easy fight. I think maia would be the easiest fight out of all of them.

Ready for 202

Conor gonna have to get that cardio worlds better because Nate is coming on full camp

Conor knew right after the loss in the cage exactly what he did wrong, loading up his shots and exhausting himself. He needs to use his kicks a lot more .. Nate wasn't hurt by conor at all so I really wonder how Conor wins this

Ready for 202

Conor gonna have to get that cardio worlds better because Nate is coming on full camp

Conor knew right after the loss in the cage exactly what he did wrong, loading up his shots and exhausting himself. He needs to use his kicks a lot more .. Nate wasn't hurt by conor at all so I really wonder how Conor wins this

Feel like Conor is going to try and point score with kicks and coast to a decision. The issue is, can he last five rounds with a Diaz

khabib is a monster. 
sick.gif
 biggest challenge will making it through a training camp.

Last edited:
When was the last time someone outwrestled alvarez though? I know khabib is a sambo beast but alvarez is a strong, fast guy. If he stuffs takedowns then he'll use khabib's face as a punching bag.

there really isn't anyone at 155 with the type of wrestling/judo that khabib has. dude is on a level all his own. i mean he gives daniel cormier and luke rockhold fits on the mats at AKA. that's freaken nuts. 
sick.gif

he's most active fighter in the clinch and on the ground that i can think of. dude is like a little fedor with his GNP.

khabib does have a tendency to get wild before he takes someone down, so alvarez can absolutely catch him there.

Last edited:
Rooting for Khabib, but seeing how crazy MMA is, you just never know. For all we know, Alvarez can stuff a few take downs and then rock Khabib and go for the finish. A fight is a fight, and that's why this is the most exciting sport. Too many variables.

Anything is possible...like GSP vs Tyrone Woodley.

But the only thing that can save Eddie over those five rounds is taking advantage of opportunity. Khabib has to be the best grappler in the UFC. His standup eh. I mean Eddie has a shot. Been a minute since Khabib fought a high level opponent like Eddie. Dude is top 10 in LW. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Just randomly thinking of how aldo would deal with khabib's takedowns. Frankie couldn't take him down because he was so quick and strong. Him getting his soul taken by that irish fella spoiled any thoughts of him moving up, at least anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom