The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I really wanna see Khabib Conor. If they bs on that one then I wouldn't mind Nate vs Conor 3 tho. I still think Nate can win the rubber match and it'd be insane to see him pull a Bisping and finally win the title so late in his career.

Tony might be interesting because of the wrestling and general unorthodox style, but he could also just go out there and try to make it a slugfest and get KO'ed pretty quick. Not too hyped about that matchup

Can y'all really say Khabib and Ferguson are as big of draws as Mendes, Aldo, Nate, and Alvarez?

I'd rather Conor fight Edgar or Pettis. At least those guys are former champs and it would allow him to defend his 145 belt

Khabib wasn't necessarily a huge draw before, but after Saturday he has the potential. He called out Conor the same way Nate did and put Dana on blast. That will resonate with the casuals that witnessed him beating Johnson's head in considering how violent it looked and sounded.

I fully expect Conor and Dana to attempt to schedule during or around Ramadan when they know Khabib isn't willing to fight.

I think we'll get a third Nate fight within the next 12 months.

I would like to see a press conference with Conor and Khabib. I think khabib would be surprisingly well.

I really wanna see Khabib Conor. If they bs on that one then I wouldn't mind Nate vs Conor 3 tho. I still think Nate can win the rubber match and it'd be insane to see him pull a Bisping and finally win the title so late in his career.

Tony might be interesting because of the wrestling and general unorthodox style, but he could also just go out there and try to make it a slugfest and get KO'ed pretty quick. Not too hyped about that matchup
The main reason I want to see the Ferguson fight is because his height and reach won't be disadvantages. He doesn't have Nate's chin, but it's certainly one of the better ones, much better than Eddie's

I personally prefer a new opponent for Conor so I'm hoping against Nate but my feeling is that Nate will be the next opponent.. it will certainly be a great fight 

I would like to see a 145er make a statement so it can catch Conor's attention. So far I'm not intrigued at all with Pettis, he's going to have to show me something. Max is certainly on a tear. Frankie's chances are seemingly diminishing by the day.. and Aldo.. well he just needs to start KO'ing people again

I think u have nate fight khabib if they go with Ferguson or Nate Eddie also makes sense, they have beef.

I think conor fights at 55 for atleast the next fight or 2

Can y'all really say Khabib and Ferguson are as big of draws as Mendes, Aldo, Nate, and Alvarez?

I'd rather Conor fight Edgar or Pettis. At least those guys are former champs and it would allow him to defend his 145 belt
It doesn't matter the opponent when Conor is fighting..fight is gonna sell regardless.

Aldo never made the UFC money Conor did.

I'm not saying it's right, but if you were Dana and Conor put $100 mil in your pocket you'd probably change your mind too.

Last edited:
That's well established at this point, but it's still funny to see how Dana is willing to dance for money when it comes to Conor. Or he is all about making the UFC great again, word to Trump.

690ca0fdf6fae0736d4c8ddf232ceb26.jpg

Dan-Henderson-Belts.jpg

gegard-mousasi12.jpg

conor-mcgregor-390x285_crop_north.jpg

8505ce26bff8ae232832862fc086a3ff

Last edited:
I'm not completely mad at Kavanagh's assessment of Khabib, Tony, and Nate. Khabib got touched up more in the first 2-3 minutes than anyone expected, at least myself. And Tony fought that replacement guy, before RDA, and got touched up pretty good as well.

Last edited:
Got touched and then dominated the rest of the way all the way up until the finish.

Ferg got touched to the previous 155 champ and walked through all of it.

I love Nate but he doesn't beat either guy

They're only saying that to set up their next fight because they want to avoid those two. Ferg measures up to Conor and khabib will not let go of Conor if he gets a hold of him

Last edited:
Well, Conor also "touched up" Nate and lost.

Touched him up again and won a very close 2nd. While also getting "touched up".

Last edited:
Got touched and then dominated the rest of the way all the way up until the finish.

Ferg got touched to the previous 155 champ and walked through all of it.

I love Nate but he doesn't beat either guy

They're only saying that to set up their next fight because they want to avoid those two. Ferg measures up to Conor and khabib will not let go of Conor if he gets a hold of him

Conor hasn't made a single statement about Ferguson and he called Khabib a pull out merchant.

I'm not sure where you're getting that he wants to "avoid them." His coach gave his own opinion about the fighters but at the end Conor is calling the shots

His coach is his right hand man and tinks how Conor tinks..

Conors next fight will be against Nate or Max take that to the bank

Last edited:
His coach is his right hand man and tinks how Conor tinks..

Conors next fight will be against Nate or Max take that to the bank

Would much rather Khabib, Woodley or Aldo.

I feel like Conor/Khabib could be huge especially when you tie the countries into it.

Still holding out hope that Aldo moves up but I think that just gives Conor more punching power which isn't a good look for Aldo.

Back
Top Bottom