The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Ferguson so quickly forgets how close Lando was to putting him to sleep lol.... but good on Tony for talking trash... you should have done this after you beat RDA but oh well

Actually the TUF idea was pretty good and with Conor taking time off, this could all work out pretty well for him now.

Max said he probably had to drop more weight than Pettis for the fight. He also likes his food and has a sweet tooth.

My dude stands at 5'11 fighting at 145. That's crazy.

The state of the UFC is in shambles

No one cares about Stipe
DC injured
No one cares about Bisping
Woodley and Wonderboy going to rematch
Conor taking 10 months off
Dom vs Cody is whatever
No one cares about 125

It is in shambles. As I said a few pages back, GSP/Nick/Nate could make a KILLING right now with things the way they are.

I don't believe that no one cares about Bisping though. An entire country does and he can sell a fight enough to make US fans care.

He just may not have the belt long.

Woodley/Wonderboy rematch is fine to me.

Dom/Cody is a solid fight but doesn't really have the luster that a title fight should.

DC injury is keeping us from watching Rumble fight which is the real loss there.

A great fight to make early 2017 would be Nick vs Lawler 2. That fight could be co main on a ppv or on a Fox card.

I was wondering this weekend why they haven't talked about setting up Cowboy/Lawler again after it fell through at 205.

jon jones is such a freak. that take down(called a super duck in wrestling) he hit on hendo was silly for a guy his size.

Last edited:
UFC has some options but yup they could be in for a major regression should things fall a certain way

They have one major wave of fights left IMO with the older guard (Diaz, Lawler, GSP) and of course Conor, Ronda, Jones etc...

But really everything's really fragile to depend on this group for long

Waldo confirmed that he is fighting Holloway in Brooklyn, and said he already knew he was fighting in Brooklyn all along. The only variable was to see if it was going to be against Pettis or Max.

Didn't Holloway say he wasn't sure if he wanted to fight at 208? He also didn't want to miss his sons birthday and more holidays with his family.

Also, 2 months to heal and have a training camp sounds pretty short. Not sure if he would want to do that for the biggest fight in his life.

Max didn't take much damage but what would have happened if it was a war and medical suspensions were given?

Max said on the MMA hour earlier today that he wants to have brunch with Dana and new UFC ownership to discuss UFC 208. Maybe he's going to ask for more money to compensate for the holidays and his son's birthday. Get that money, Max.

Either way, they should announce something by Wednesday, since that's when tickets will go on sale.

Last edited:
Didn't Holloway say he wasn't sure if he wanted to fight at 208? He also didn't want to miss his sons birthday and more holidays with his family.

Also, 2 months to heal and have a training camp sounds pretty short. Not sure if he would want to do that for the biggest fight in his life.
He was questioning Brooklyn because he didn't want to train and then see Waldo pull out

Besides khabib I don't see a bad matchup for him
Agree... I mean, I don't get how he'd get "dominated" .. Max doesn't have exceptional reach but then again only a handful of 155ers do... 
No way DC is only 205 pounds.

I'm 5'5 and that's my weight
mean.gif
Breh.....

Back
Top Bottom