The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Think this is just Dana being spiteful towards Cyborg after she asked for more time.

Holm wanted no parts of Cyborg. Cyborg is no longer in the picture. Might as well go try and win a new belt.

Didn't know Holm declined too.

136 and 138? What kind of bs catchweight is that when Cyborg already said it was hell going to 140? :smh: Hoping Holly loses now.

I'd normally agree, but Holm has no issues making 135 and too much to lose being on a 2 fight loss streak. Why risk everything to fight a roided out hermaphrodite that's being a diva at the moment?

I'll say it again, if Cyborg can't make 145 in 2 months she doesn't belong there either. Let her and Fallon Fox battle it out at 160 for the undisputed title of the "female" with the highest test levels.

The fight with Germaine is better for Holm and the fans win or lose because they both normally fight at 135 with no issues and Both moved to MMA after great careers in boxing/kickboxing.

I see Dana's vision! I see it! :smokin

Hacist Honda regains 135 crowm at UFC207

Preacher's Daughter becomes 4th Two Division Champion at UFC 208

Holm/Housey 2 at UFC 211 so Honda gets a chance to be the 5th Two Division Champion plus revenge

Winner vs. Cyborg at UFC 215

If the donino's all fall in the right order, buy rates issue goes out the window until McGreGoat comes back

Everytime Dana sets up a dream flow of fights like that, somebody screws it up. So my question is, who puts the wrench in the plan here?

I dont blame Dana for being spiteful here, she asked for that division to be created. It's literally made for her. TF?!?

Khabib/Ferg gonna be a good one. IDK if Khabib is going to be able to manhandle Ferg like he does everyone else. He's got a pretty solid wrestling base with an unorthodox standup.

I think it still all plays out like that unless Honda just ups and retire, the only downside will how marketable these matches would be.

If Honda & Holm both loses. I think Dana still throws them together as their next bouts.
If Honda loses, I also think Dana would just give her a shot at 145
If Honda wins, Holm loses, Dana would just give her a shot at 145
Whoever comes out of this 3 way dance still ends up facing Cyborg at some point

So many possibilities :lol:

Ferg has ridiculous reach I can't wait to see him fight khabib and or Conor and or nate

Also hope cowboy finally gets a top guy at 170 i admire his willingness to fight but I'm getting a little tired of him facing the type of comp he's been getting.. lawler would have been epic

Last edited:
Ferg has ridiculous reach I can't wait to see him fight khabib and or Conor and or nate

Also hope cowboy finally gets a top guy at 170 i admire his willingness to fight but I'm getting a little tired of him facing the type of comp he's been getting.. lawler would have been epic
Ferguson has a similar reach to Nate but I feel Nate uses his hands more

I don't think he's been getting lax competition by any means. He's fought some pretty dangerous competition. Everyone he's faced at WW has been pretty game. The only thing that kinda keeps him from fighting a top 5 guy is the timing when his fight ends and the fighter availability on the next card. Most of those guys are booked at that point.

Ferguson has a similar reach to Nate but I feel Nate uses his hands more

Agreed. I think Ferguson flourishes because of his reach and ability to mix it up. There was a moment where he fought RDA and he just did an empty spin, no strike, and RDA just froze. I think that speaks volumes as to the amount of tools El Cucuy uses.

Nate is pretty much strictly boxing. So things are a bit more straight forward when thinking about his reach.

I think both use there reach pretty decently as well. Not Jones level, but better than Struve. :smh:

Donald isn't a gatekeeper yet

Id like to see him fight a top 5 guy before labeling him that

Ross Pearson and that type is a gatekeeper

Gamebred and Cowboy would be a tremendous fight, and would be pretty much the last chance for each fighter to be in line for a title shot.

I feel Jorge would be a tough matchup for cowboy even though I don't believe Jorge is a top tier fighter

His boxing should give cowboy some trouble and he's a tough sob

I hope the fight happens and I'm hoping that cowboy puts him to sleep for all this yapping he's doing

Vitor Belfort vs Kevlin Gastelum (main event) and Edson Barboza vs Beneil Dariush set for UFC Fight Night 107 in Brazil on March 11th.

The crazy thing about cowboy is that i bet he performs better in a big fight off short notice. I bet when he has too much time to prepare he sikes himself out

Dana better be taking care of him

Last edited:
He does seem to do better without prolonged breaks. I think it also allows him to stay fight ready, so he cuts less and does less cardio and the sort because he's already fight ready. Both mentally and physically.

I heard he was on board with MMAAA and Dana won't take too kind to that.

Yup it was a big ordeal Dana called him out saying cowboy never called him first to tell him he was joining the group

Then cowboy and Dana talked in person and now they're cool again. Cowboy is distancing himself from the Group now somewhat

Yeah, I saw he had the statement saying 'He didn't know he was on the board' for MMAAA. I don't know why it would be necessary to tell Dana he was joining in the first place. Seems unnecessary.

Danas a tool bag of emotion who doesn't like it when things don't go his way. It was hilarious how he slammed cowboy and basically said he hasn't accomplished much in his career.. and got cowboy to actually agree with him

The psychology of it all is sick

Back
Top Bottom