The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Mendes def a tougher fight for edgar, hes gonna have a tough time taking Chad down and Chad is explosive as ****. It could look like Maynard edgar

Connor an easy win for frank

Last edited:
405fe34492a8290b4eae620d59b10b40.400x225x77.gif

200.gif

Patiently waiting to fade

View media item 1764732

View media item 1765118https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

I wouldn't mind seeing Diaz vs Matt Brown. He's somewhere in the top 10 I think. He needs to stop fighting FOR THE BELT and just get a 3 rd fight in. But then again I don't care to see him rocking the Reebok stuff.

Side note- PVZ is gonna get WASHED by Namajunas

Last edited:
Hesitant to say PVZ gets washed especially if she uses her wrestling

Glad to see a step up in competition and Rose is only two years older. Good match up for sure

A good matchup of two young, good fighters. Rose is very athletic and has agrresdive striking. Paige is aggressive too. I think PVZ will win a tough fight.

Looks like the Diamond vs Duffy fight got rescheduled for UFC 195 on Jan 2
Becomes the third-best fight on that card after AA/Stipe. "Diamond" caught tons of flak for not accepting Parke as a late replacement to save the recent Ireland card. A fight I believed Poirier could and should have won, perhaps by finish. I'm tough on Parke because I expect more. You'd never guess he owns a black belt in Judo. His striking is predictable and he's become a points fighter. Coming off 2 losses prior to Reza, which would affect any fighter's confidence.

"Diamond" clearly looks better at 155 with two straight KOs, but his striking still feels robotic to me. He did well in the short time against Conor, attempting to wear down and limit McGregor's movement with numerous leg kicks. Just mentally allowed Conor to get in his head and break Poirier's psyche.

Jan feb finna b lit too
December schedule is ridiculous. True MMA fan's dream. Perfect timing for impending East Coast cold. Stay inside, have friends over, order wings/pizza, and crush beers.

I'm tired of seeing Dustin fight Norman Parke level or worse comp at 155. I'm happy they didn't end up fighting. Though Duffy isn't ranked he definitely is a better fighter than Parke is right now, and better than the two opponents Dustin has faced at 155 

I also want to see Duffy get a true test, so rescheduling the fight made total sense. Duffy will most certainly be ranked with a victory. I liked him winning in Ireland with that crowd but after being rescheduled I believe that definitely helps Dustin. I have it at more even odds now

Last edited:
Truth or lie going into Conor's fight against Mendes

"Fourteen weeks before the fight I tore 80 percent of my ACL," said McGregor during a fan Q&A in his hometown of Dublin, Ireland. "I could barely walk, I could barely kick."

"I had a lot of experience coming back from that injury. I was aware of my body, I was aware of my balance. I had a good team around me. I trusted everyone that was there. That's how I perform.

"So, once again, I had a lot of adversity to overcome," McGregor continued. "But honestly, I went into that fight and I beat Chad on one leg. After going through that adversity I feel like I have gained three new legs."

I'll be watching but I don't have much care for either fighter these days. Both should just retire

These UFC cards in November are just OK.. they really loaded up for December 

Last edited:
Belfort by TKO round 1. Belfort actually looked good against weidman until weidman took him down..hendo won't be able to take him down.

Belfort by TKO round 1. Belfort actually looked good against weidman until weidman took him down..hendo won't be able to take him down.

I think Dan will exercise a little caution this time around.

And he's fighting a different guy to the Vitor that uppercutted him off his feet.

You are right but at the same time it is widely believed that Belfort literally gassed and blew his load in that flurry against Weidman

I favor Vitor as well against Hendo but in the big picture Vitor might be done 

Back
Top Bottom