The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I blame Randy Couture for guys that hang around longer than they should.

Everybody think they can be Randy, but that was a different time

Is Gray even that old?

Randy stayed fairly competitive against some of the better fighters out there even as he got up there in age.

Gray hasn't won in a while and is losing to dudes.....who haven't won in a while.

Rda extending the invite to Ronda to come train at Kings in Huntington Beach. Even though cyborgs friends train there rda said he would make it work

Maynard at 145 is pointless. He was a big 155 pounder, 145 is going to sap him dry.

Guy is cooked.

Oh my goodness, Brian Stann just gave the interview of the year with Ariel. I thoroughly enjoy Stann's commentary during broadcasts as well. He just gets it man

Also, didn't realize Ronda's coach filed for bankruptcy. WTF. He missed a creditor's meeting today, for the second time. What is going on 

Yeah I heard Edwin filed for bankruptcy but didn't know the story behind it. His life is definitely taken a rough turn with the loss, insults from Rondas mom, his MMA record and the bankruptcy. Just like Ronda, hope he rebounds and bounces back.

Edit: Wow, dude was in debt for $700K!! Was he living above his means? Bad investment?

Last edited:
Holm is getting the Ronda treatment, she is literally every where. Talk shows, Sports Center, Cotto/Canelo fight. She hasn't even been back to New Mexico yet

Last edited:
The rematch si going to do numbers! Even though it's going to turn out just like Tyson/Holyfield 2.

The rematch si going to do numbers! Even though it's going to turn out just like Tyson/Holyfield 2.

Man it would be hilarious if Ronda tried to bite Holm's ear off if she started getting her a** whupped again :lol:

Seriously though I think the rematch could be a great fight if Rousey fights her fight instead of trying to show up her opponent by beating them at their own game. Rousey's error was trying to box with one of the greatest female boxers ever. Hopefully in the next fight she tries to do what she does best against Holm instead of walking into Jabs and elbows.

bones going to HW
smokin.gif

bart scott
His plan: defeat DC, defend once against Rumble

Then move to HW

So Ronda is going to bite Holm's ear off when she gets outboxed again? lol. I'm wondering how long they will wait to make the rematch, maybe until ufc 200? I'd say its a good probability she isn't training with Edmond next year.

Also hoping they announce Jones/Cormier II soon. That rematch will do numbers as well. 

Man December can't get hear fast enough! Gonna be a great month to be an MMA fan and then 195 on Jan 2. They even stacked the Fight Night card on Jan 17. Hard to believe they didn't make that one a PPV or at least a regular Fox card. Though I dont want to say it but the main and co-main fighters (Cruz and Pettis) history of injuries may have played a big part in them going the cautious approach.

Ronda's suspended for 6 months. Wonder if Holly will get another fight before a rematch.

Hopefully in the next fight she tries to do what she does best against Holm instead of walking into Jabs and elbows.

How does she do this if her striking doesn't improve dramatically between now and the next fight?

In some of her previous fights, she walked into punches to do what she does. She just did it against fighters with inferior striking and footwork.

Last edited:
How does she do this if her striking doesn't improve dramatically between now and the next fight?

Her boxing needs to improve dramatically but even if it does she's not gonna beat Holm at her own game. She needs to get her boxing skill to the point where she can slip the jab and get inside in hopes of getting Holm to the ground where she excels. If 90% of the next fight is spent standing up Holm will whup her a** again.

DC gonna retire.

Jones looking huge in the new pics. I think he runs the HW division too :x dude look scary with all that muscle on him. Big bone Jones

Her footwork needs to improve dramatically, her boxing IMO just needs to improve to the point where she's not defenseless 

Her footwork got her into all that trouble. She couldn't get in or out of range offensively and defensively. She never placed her outside foot outside of Holly's left foot. When she learns space and foot positioning it will open up every thing

On Holm's end, hopefully this will mean more exciting W's. Her first fight in the UFC was mediocre at best and her second fight was solid but unspectacular

Get Ronda a whole new camp with a coach who isn't bankrupt and who doesn't tell her she's doing a great job of using her face as a punching mit. Get her a buffer fight. Have one more go at Holm 

Last edited:

Her boxing needs to improve dramatically but even if it does she's not gonna beat Holm at her own game. She needs to get her boxing skill to the point where she can slip the jab and get inside in hopes of getting Holm to the ground where she excels. If 90% of the next fight is spent standing up Holm will whup her a** again.

Agreed. Ronda just didn't have the skills to fight her fight against Holly the first time.

She's going to have to work her boxing.

But she's got to work it from the outside, then learn to close and move in to use her judo.

That's a steep learning curve in a short period of time.

Now that the shock and awe of how thoroughly Holly washed her has worn off, I just hope the fight is more competitive the 2nd time around.

Back
Top Bottom