The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

At dudes saying Conor handpicked. Even Dana went through the list and said why it came down to Nate.

He was the best option that wasn't remotely close to being in fight condition. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can swallow whatever Dana and McDouche want to shovel down your throat, but with RDA out they don't want him to have a tough fight that could jeopardize the title shot he undeservingly got before RDA got hurt. Even beating Diaz wouldn't mean he deserves a shot at the lightweight title, anybody with sense understands that.

He was the best option that wasn't remotely close to being in fight condition. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can swallow whatever Dana and McDouche want to shovel down your throat, but with RDA out they don't want him to have a tough fight that could jeopardize the title shot he undeservingly got before RDA got hurt. Even beating Diaz wouldn't mean he deserves a shot at the lightweight title, anybody with sense understands that.

Hey I believe them, dude wants the best fights and is always ready to go.

Crazy thing is, originally Nate wasn't even saying Conor was on roids. He was just saying RDA and Jose are
He specifically said everyone in the UFC is on steroids lol and repeated it to Conor indicating that he too was on them

Dude got shut down real quick when Gil and shields names were brought up

I don't think this fight is easy for Conor McGregor at all

Let's look at the facts:

Conor's 2 loses have come via submission

Nate is a master of submissions

Nate has a reach advantage

Nate TKO'd Gray Maynard

Nate has a height advantage

Conor is fighting 2 weight classes above his normal weight class

Nate has experience at Welterweight

Nate just beat Michael Johnson who was arguably a top 5 lightweight

Last edited:
Vincent still on tilt from keko
laugh.gif
roll.gif

For whatever the reason is now, Nate vs Diaz made sense then.

That's all I'm saying!

Let's look at the facts:

Nate TKO'd Gray Maynard

Nate is fighting on 11 days notice while Conor has had a full camp to prepare. It's likely gonna make a difference.

Nate is dangerous for anybody at 155 when he's prepared and ready to go, but whether he could even be properly prepared on 11 days notice is the question. I guess we'll have to see though

Let's look at the facts:

Nate TKO'd Gray Maynard

"Easy" isn't the right characterization, but Conor McGregor is rightfully the heavy favorite.

Nate Diaz hasn't secured a submission victory since May 2012. Both he and Nick criminally under-utilize their slick grappling.

In what scenario do you foresee Nate being able to use his jiu-jitsu advantage? Neither Diaz or McGregor are likely to implement offensive wrestling. I don't see the bout taking place on the mat for Nate to show his superior BJJ.

Nate's 2-inch reach advantage isn't tremendously sizable and should be negated by the way Conor measures distance. He's the "King of Movement" after all, self-anointed.

McGregor has shown a sturdy chin. He actually gets hit a lot and cleanly for someone who prides himself in the stand-up. Nate and Nick are both volume boxers. They don't really have one-punch KO power. Diaz Bros. win by accumulation.

McGregor himself said the bout is scheduled to be a welterweight contest because Nate couldn't make 160-165 pounds for a catchweight. Yes, Conor has never fought at 170 but Diaz admitted he wasn't in camp with a booked opponent. Nate is basically coming in cold off his couch on 11 days notice. Cashing out, don't blame him. Get your "red panty night."

Nate does have WW experience, but he hasn't fought at 170 since April 2011 against Rory Mac. Definitely deserves props for beating Michael Johnson. Pretty close fight, neither dominated the other and it's not unfathomable to find two rounds in favor of Johnson although I believe Diaz won 29-28.

No horse in the race. I'm neither a Conor fan or Diaz supporter. Just want to see a stand-up war. For those questioning or wondering why Conor would entertain a fight at 170 pounds, I think he's looking ahead with Kavanagh. Free WW trial run to see how McGregor feels at that weight without much of a cut. Test his movement, speed, power at 170 to gauge the crazy possibility of facing Robbie for the strap at UFC 200.

Edit: The point of my post was to keep some semblance of impartiality and legitimacy to our beloved MMA thread. The influx of Conor McGregor "fans" often creates and promotes blinded homerism, not that all 209 boys are better.

Last edited:
At the next press conference Diaz should just ask if Ido keeps his hair long so Conor can tug on it from behind while he smashes after dance class.

roll.gif

For whatever the reason is now, Nate vs Diaz made sense then.

That's all I'm saying!
This guy doesn't stop does he 
laugh.gif

Yes, after RDA dropped out, Aldo is too scared to fight and Frankie is hurt, yes, Nate Diaz, albeit at 170 pounds and zero fight camp, makes sense

Nate Diaz was the 4th best option at best. When you could argue that Khabib, Ferguson and Cowboy make more sense than Diaz

It's weird how you can't let this go when you're clearly wrong and have been every step of the way regarding Conor

Khabib and Ferguson are already committed to the Fox card and they don't want to mess that up by pulling a high profile fight on network tv. That would make no business sense. Cerrone on the other hand should've been the one to face Conor but UFC is going to UFC.

Khabib and Ferguson are already committed to the Fox card and they don't want to mess that up by pulling a high profile fight on network tv. That would make no business sense. Cerrone on the other hand should've been the one to face Conor but UFC is going to UFC.
They could have put Pettis in for the Fox card but it's whatever

Nate Diaz is a fine choice given the situation (although I still believe it's a clear handpick). From the jump, to choose Nate Diaz over RDA (title fight), Frankie, Aldo etc. etc. wouldn't have been logical

Last edited:

This guy doesn't stop does he 
laugh.gif

Yes, after RDA dropped out, Aldo is too scared to fight and Frankie is hurt, yes, Nate Diaz, albeit at 170 pounds and zero fight camp, makes sense

Nate Diaz was the 4th best option at best. When you could argue that Khabib, Ferguson and Cowboy make more sense than Diaz

It's weird how you can't let this go when you're clearly wrong and have been every step of the way regarding Conor
Stop crying my dude ......

Why do you have to go into such detail to try an explain something so meaningless?

Bottom line - there are better fights - this fight made sense then and makes sense now - this was a short notice fight and look at how many people turned in for the press conference .... now just think about a few months of this .... those conference in it self are what people are exiited about ....

face it - you tried to clown dudes - and explained why this fight didnt make sense and this is the fight we are getting.

It wouldn't have been logical, but it would of have made sense .... 

roll.gif
 stop crying my dude - is all good - now go back to MMA junkies and pull more information ....

j/k. I said you got it .. STOP IT!

If you reply, which you will just admit you looked like a clown when the fight was made. actually, I can safely say, your first thought was KEKO. LMAO

Last edited:
If ppl would actually listen to half the ish conor says u could see its like 75% lies...he starts screaming on the mic, all his fanboys go crazy, and on to the next question as if its a true statement...rinse and repeat

just cuz he's the loudest voice in the room don't make it true

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom